pantsukki
Brigadier General

[Parthian Wars] Severus scenario

Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:45 pm

First, I really like the DLC, please publish more good stuff (Conquest of Gaul)! :)

A few observations from my current game as Severus:
-After some turns had passed, I received an option to recruit a new legion in Nisibis. At the time it was besieged, and I did lose control of the city for a really short time, which also resulted in the option disappearing. After recapturing the city, the event hasn't reappeared. Is this WAD? In any case Nisibis seems a strange choice for recruitment grounds, being so close to the border.
-The Roman leader Neratianus Aurelianus appears with a green background color and is also green in the combat resolution screen instead of the usual red. Has he maybe been transferred from the Pescennius side in the original Severus scenario?
-This seem pretty common behaviour in all playthroughs, but again I've noticed that the AI is really keen on recruiting lots of militia units and then spamming the map with these. I do feel that its resources would be better spent by recruiting units with more quality.

Franciscus

Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:15 am

Hi

Regarding the legions in Nisibis, the option will be available (and regenerate two more times, to give the possibilitie to raise 3 legions), as long as you hold Nisibis. If you lose it, the option will not regenerate. This is WAD, although not 100% sure if historical.

Regarding Neratianus, it's strange, because in my instalation (a 1.04 beta version), he looks OK. I think no changes were made in the DB regarding this particular leader:

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:58 am

I think I first noticed him being green when I took him out from the stack into a separate one.

The city Manazkert does not count as Armenia for recruitment purposes, even though the tooltip puts it as part of the Armenian province.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:41 pm

The "legionary mutinies" event is very annoying as a game mechanic. It's really devastating, happens very often, and the player cannot do anything to prevent it.

Franciscus

Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:30 pm

pantsukki wrote:I think I first noticed him being green when I took him out from the stack into a separate one.

You are right, sorry.

In fact in the units DB he is a PES leader (Pescenius faction, from the AJE Severus scenario), that's why he has a green background. I think there is no way to correct this minor issue (I guess he was a Niger supporter that then served under Severus)

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:36 pm

The Parthians cannot recruit Oshroenian units from Nisibis, as the tooltip claims that the city isn't part of their recruitment area. However, in the province map mode the city is in Oshroene.

Return to “Help to improve AJE”