marechalCAMBRONNE
Lieutenant

Parthian War Mark Antony

Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Hey, I'm trying the scenario and there are 2 things that bug me

1) Mark Antony strategic rating. Even his ennemies could not say that he was a bad general. He was considered one of the best of his time. Having a 3 strategic rating seems...too weak. Give him 4 or 5 at least?

2) The defecting legion...They are defecting to Labienus??? But Labienus is dead since munda, way before the scenario??? Or is there something I don't understand?

arsan

Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:11 pm

It's a different Labienus, the son (i think) of the one that died at Munda
Regarding Mark Anthony, he has pretty high offensive and defensive stats, just average Strategic rating. Probably to reflect him being somewhat undecisive or not too active.
A great battle leader but no so good on campaigns... he has similar stats on AJE Caesar vs Pompey scenario... and he hadn't even meet Cleopatra back then ;)
I'm no expert, but i know there are ancient history experts in the AJE team :thumbsup:

PJJ
Captain

Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:17 pm

I think Antonius's best years were already behind him during the time this scenario depicts. He wasn't quite the same man as with Caesar anymore, having become quite corrupted by his luxurious position in the East. Maybe the rating represents some of this?

Franciscus

Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi
I
A piece of advice. Please use patch 1.03b if you play Marcus Antonius scenario, it contains several rather important fixes for this specific scenario events

Regarding Marcus Antonius from what I have read, he was a brave and great commander of small forces in the field (tactical), but strategically he was not that good, particularly in his late years, after many...conversations with Cleopatra... :cool: . His invasion of Parthia was badly mismanaged and he was completely outsmarted by Octavianus and his generals in the civil war. So I guess his rates reflect this.

(PS: Quintus Labienus is indeed the son of Titus Labienus, first one of the most able commanders under Caesar, that then defected to Pompey when the civil war started and died at Munda. Quintus Labienus is sort of "the last of the Pompeians")
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Help to improve AJE”