Franciscus

AJE patch 1.03 Release Candidate (OUTDATED, CLOSED)

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:45 am

Hi all

Below the link for a public beta patch 1.03 for AJE, that hopefully, unless major bugs are found, will soon be released as official.

[color="#FF8C00"]Specially relevant, the crash that occured with latest 1.03 public beta, posted a few days ago, is solved.[/color]

You can apply this patch over any previous version (including the previous beta patch), as it is all inclusive.

-----

This patch comes as part of the work leading to the imminent release of Parthian Wars expansion, and prepares Alea Jacta Est for it, but it includes many improvements and fixes for AJE scenarios and gameplay.

As usually, we hope that no major problems are caused by this patch (although this patch may not be compatible with saved games started with previous versions), but if you do not wish to help in testing a beta patch, you can wait for the official release of patch 1.03.

I would like specially to bring to your attention the changes made in the post-Marius legions (no intrinsic cavalry - there were none historically) and the increased detect value of almost all cavalry, which we feel is not only more historical, but will also improve gameplay experience, and also the new subfaction filter available in recruitment mode, thanks to a great work by Picaron

So:

The link:

> AJE patch 1.03 RC2:
http://ftp.ageod.net/Patch_AJE_v1.03_RC2.zip

The changelog:

Patch 1.03

NEW EXE
- Reduce tendency of "wild" cavalry raids
- AI cavalry forces less prone to stay in a siege
- Fix to a bug in development level in regions
- Added functionality, SHIFT now shows the region links of the region below the cursor (if no Stack is selected).
- Additional stacks in same region now get the name of their leader in the region tooltip (the 'Also there' lines)
- Movement path is now color coded

and a lot more small fixes

UI

- New faction icons in Unit recruitment mode (thanks, Picaron !)
- Small tweak to assets icons in main screen (EP now are represented by the bolt)

SCENARIOS AND DB FIXES

All scenarios
- Removed cavalry element from "post-Marius" legions
- Changed VP values of Roman cohorts (from 10 to 3) and legatus (from 10 to 20)
- Light Infantry, Skirmisher and Raider models hide value lowered to 2
- Changed Cav detect value to 4 for most models (5 for the expert scout nations)

Marius vs Sulla scenario:
- Fixes to Lucullus Odyssey events: Cyprus and Aegyptus exercitus are no longer unlocked if respective fleets ally with Optimates; correction to percentage of chance of missions in Cyrene (50) and Egypt (10)

The Roman Civil War (Caesar vs Pompey) scenario:
- Lagid armies will be unlocked if Caesar invades Egypt (will prevent later historical chain of options related to Pompey fleeing to Egypt)
- Pompey dilemna message broadcasted
- Fix to consequences of Pompey strategic choice if not chosen by the player
- Small fix to consequences of the "Pompey goes West" choice: loyatly will now be increased by 25 in Hispania and by 10 in Africa
- Fix to double Galatian leader (Kastor)

Septimius Severus scenario
- Small fix to Severus choice consequences if not chosen by the player

Parthian Wars expansion:
- Data (events, options, etc) for all scenarios

NB:
Due to database changes patch 1.03 will not be, in principle, guaranteed compatible with saved games
Also, some changes will not be applied yet to the "old" DLC scenarios (Spartacus and Cantabrian Wars), like the removal of cavalry from legions

_____

[color="#FFA500"]IMPORTANT NOTES:

- If you have an ongoing game in 1.02b and wish to continue it, we recommend that you do not apply patch 1.03.
- The Parthian Wars expansion will require patch 1.03 to function correctly. It WILL NOT work in previous versions of AJE[/color]

Thanks for your support and patience!

Enjoy!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:20 pm

Is it just me or is the link for the D/L not working?

Franciscus

Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:47 pm

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne wrote:Is it just me or is the link for the D/L not working?

Hi, Pat

You are right, links and access for this FTP (even for internal beta 1.03a) are suddenly not working... :blink:

Hopefully some temporary problem, will mail Rafiki.

Thanks for reporting
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Franciscus

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:34 pm

Links are again fully operational, thanks to master Rafiki :thumbsup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gerry58
Conscript

Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:10 am

Thank you!

bob.
General

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:24 pm

The game is crashing for me when I click on the Pompey Strategic Choices event, even though I think this is supposed to be fixed with this patch? I installed it twice and of course started a new game but it still persists.

Franciscus

Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:34 am

bob. wrote:The game is crashing for me when I click on the Pompey Strategic Choices event, even though I think this is supposed to be fixed with this patch? I installed it twice and of course started a new game but it still persists.

Hi

In both my PCs there is no crash, and the team reported no crash... :blink:

Are you certain you downloaded the Last (RC2) beta patch and applied the patch to the right directory ???

Can you check:
1. is your AJE.exe file dated 2/10/2013
2. is you UserInterface.opt file (located in AJE\Settings) dated 1/10/2013, and does it contain the line "inoMultiChoiceGUI = 1" ?
3. Do you have the files "GUIMultichoiceWin.dfm" and "GUIMultichoiceWin.pas", dated 1/10/2013, on yout AJE\FrontEnd directory =

If yes, can you post your mainlog file right after the crash ??
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bob.
General

Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:03 am

The problem seems to be with Birth of Rome, I just tried it with AJE.exe and it works perfectly.

Franciscus

Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:10 am

Have you applied BOR RC2 patch ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bob.
General

Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:17 am

Yes, I didn't update BOR :bonk: Thanks for the help!

Franciscus

Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:46 pm

Glad you worked that out ! :thumbsup:

In fact, if you want to play AJE (or future PAR) via BOR, you must have BOR fully updated.

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mariandavid
Sergeant

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Have 1.2. If I want to buy Sertorius should I do so on 1.2 before upgrading to 1.3?

Franciscus

Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:24 pm

Hi, Mariandavid.

You mean the Spartacus DLC ?

It should be irrelevant the order which you install it. You can install it over 1.02b - the Last official patch - and then update the game to 1.03 (the official patch 1.03 is going to be released very soon, by the way). Anyway, you should have no issues.

If you have any problems, we are here to help

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Help to improve AJE”