Franciscus

(OUTDATED, CLOSED) AJE beta patch 1.02b RC1 available

Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:02 pm

Hi all

A new version of AJE public beta patch 1.02b (RC1, for Release candidate 1) is now available:

(clip)

The list of changes (in yellow the novelties since last beta):

1.02b

NEW EXE
- improvements in AI processing time
- several fixes and improvements to AI agents
- improvements in how unit combat strength is calculated
- improvements in the way decisions work and how AI uses them, specially in sieges

UI
- Removal of the Build Fort and Raze Fort buttons (these orders cannot be issued in AJE)

SCENARIOS AND DB FIXES

Roman Civil War scenario:
- Addition of AI agents to Numidian armies (to reduce tendency to go on naval invasions)
- Correction to events related to Caesar to Egypt option: now he will go alone with his Legio VI Ferrata
- Correction to Pompey to Egypt option (now he will go alone)
- small fixes to the Numidian and Mauretanian alliance events and options
- small fix to end of Pacorus raid event

Marius vs Sulla scenario:
- Juba king of Numidia event cancelled
- Plot against Hiempsal option will not be cancelled by Marius death
- Buying Replacements for Numidians and Mauretanians infantry units allowed.
- Fix to consequences of Optimates "No Answer" to the Peace of Dardanos proposal.
- [color="#FFFF00"]Fix to Greek and Asian spies Pontic options[/color]

Great Mithridatic War scenario:
- fix to double Gaius Cassius Longinus in Placentia bug
- small fix to Galatian alliance option (only active if Galatians are not attacked and unlocked)
- fix to Pontic Alliance accepted event (PON fleet will now appear, with a probability of 75%)

Severus scenario
- small fix to Clodius public enemy option (Off conditions, AI routine)
- Numerianus revolt event can only occur if Severus and Clodius are at war
- Fix to duplicate effects of Albinus and Niger death events and Severus proscriptions events

YFE and Severus scenarios:
- Fixed links between Palmyrene, Corsote and Hemesa regions

All scenarios
-Bad Trade Message Broadcasting improved.

GAMEPLAY

- NavalBase will speed up ShipRepair/ShipBuild (10 % more than Ports).
- Heavy Warships require Port with level 5 or more to be built.
- [color="#FFFF00"]Fix to Entrencher ability
- 3 New MapAlea added (SandStorm, Heat Wave and Mosquitoes)[/color]

-----------------

As always, although we don't expect issues, we can't rule them out completely. If you prefer to wait for an official patch, then don't download and install this file. In principle this patch is save compatible with games started with the previous version.

Our plans are to release the official 1.02b mid or late July, in preparation for the release of the Parthian expansion. We would like some more feedback (negative or positive :) ) before, of course...

Enjoy :thumbsup:

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:48 pm

Patch ran fine, for about 15 turns, when I got tired. Seems absolutely playable. I noticed AI does not use Caesar in a very efficient manner, he was wandering around with some Equites, while Marc Anthony had the fat stack.
Still have problems with the weather, there seems to be constant storms, for half the year, with absolutely heavy losses to ships, quite annoying when the weather becomes the deciding factor.

Zebedee
Sergeant

Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:38 am

AJE, 1.02b RC1. Septimus Severus scenario.

Crash during turn processing with a message to report on forums. Hopefully nothing important, although loading from saves for me now just causes the game to perpetually save itself when 'next turn' is clicked. Bit sad because it was a fun first campaign with AJE in that scenario and I was having a great time - but it gives me an excuse to start again at some point! :)

I have attached the relevant save game (with backups) and also the log folder (zipped) as the ingame message asked. Player side was Clodius. Only 'odd' thing I can recall doing was selecting all four options for propaganda and games (didn't realise that there was minimum NM to use - it's late! I'm tired!) but otherwise just a very normal turn.

If there's anything more I can provide, whether information or files, please just ask. Sorry to just be posting bugs/crashes Franciscus. Really having so much fun with the game :coeurs:
Attachments
SeptimusSeverusCrashLogs.rar
(4.14 MiB) Downloaded 137 times
5-Severus1931crash.rar
(2.66 MiB) Downloaded 144 times
[font="Verdana"]"For God's sake, let us if possible keep out of it." - Lord Russell on British government policy towards the warring states, Hansard.[/font]

[color="Blue"]Gray's Historical Accuracy Mod for AACW[/color]

Franciscus

Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:28 am

On a first quick look, it seems you played quite a few turns in your game session and got an "insufficient memory" error...

A cause can be a memory leak, of which we haven't had many reports...

First: What is the amount of RAM and Video RAM of your system ?

Second: some sugestions:

1- turn off UAC in your windows system and make sure your antivirus is not scanning your game folders
2. In the options menu, system tab, turn down a notch or two (to 50 or 25%) the Memory usage setting, independently of the amount of RAM of your system. If you have low RAM, disabling display borders and putting Max Texture size to Large textures may help
3. Make sure no other process is running at the same time as your game (screen protectors, backup services, windows update...)

Try to go back one turn and load it up with this sugestions, and let me know.

Later tonight I will try to load your game in my system and see further.

(PS: I may report this to Master Pocus, but right now he would probably not have time to check it, with the upcoming release of AACW2)

Sorry and regards

Zebedee
Sergeant

Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:53 am

Hi Franciscus,

8 gb RAM, 1gb Radeon 5770 gfx, running win 7 64 bit.

UAC is turned off, anti-virus and other background processes also turned off. This is default on this system when playing non-online games. If I run into anything similar again, I will play with memory usage.

Will try reverting to see if it replicates later. Hopefully just a blue moon gremlin my end if no-one else is reporting anything. Certainly not had anything else like this.
[font="Verdana"]"For God's sake, let us if possible keep out of it." - Lord Russell on British government policy towards the warring states, Hansard.[/font]

Franciscus

Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:33 am

Hi

Anyhow it's my experience that decreasing Memory usage settings has no bad effect on performance and increases system stability.

Regards

Franciscus

Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi

Checking your save, the hst file has zero bytes. This sometimes happen, and IIRC is maybe caused by some process (UAC, antivirus, whatever) accessing your saved games files while they are created.
You will have to use the files from your backup1 if you want to continue this game

Regards

Zebedee
Sergeant

Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:44 am

Thanks Franciscus - think I've identified culprit; didn't realise game had installed directly onto C:/ so it could have been smart defrag having a peek to see if it could have a quick tidy-up. Will know for future should that one pop up on a crash.

Given Caesar vs Pompey and the Severus campaigns a real good pounding. Other than that one sole crash (which is my end), stable as a rock over the past four days (40+ hours play time) and an awful lot of fun. Now to figure out how to stop the Caesar steam-roller...

Return to “Help to improve AJE”