Vadim
Corporal

Pompey's bugs

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Hello team,

I finally started the main campaign, on Pompey's side. And i found couple of bugs.

First : duplication of Labianus and his 2 units. I don t mind, he is a great general, but I am sure it s not the way it was meant to be.

Another duplication : Marius ( the 3 0 0 one, 3 stars ).

More problematic : after a few rounds, Pompey s political choice ( aka Spain or the Orient ) event popped up again. In fact, all the events of the first/second rounds ( loss of Sicily as well) came back which is pretty disturbing.

I don t know if there are any other duplicatas, I don t think so.

Just tried to upload my script file but looks like it s too big - 6,9M, so couldn t . Do you want it by email ? or just some part of it ? my save files ? Do you need the logs as well ?

rezaf
Private

Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:05 pm

Btw., when playing this mission on the other side, my AI Pompey decided to go to the East to harness it's wealth, leaving the spanish legions to their fate. Then he proceeded to march said legions into Gallia and towards Rome, producing the hardest military situation I faced in the game. Is that intentional? From the description, I was under the impression the legions were only supposed to activate once Pomey marched to Spain?
Also, I'm not sure if this is historical or not, it was a bit unfortunate that Pompey never managed to present any coherent military opposition to me for the entire rest of the scenario.
_____
rezaf

Bohémond

Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:19 am

Vadim wrote:Hello team,

I finally started the main campaign, on Pompey's side. And i found couple of bugs.

First : duplication of Labianus and his 2 units. I don t mind, he is a great general, but I am sure it s not the way it was meant to be.

Another duplication : Marius ( the 3 0 0 one, 3 stars ).

More problematic : after a few rounds, Pompey s political choice ( aka Spain or the Orient ) event popped up again. In fact, all the events of the first/second rounds ( loss of Sicily as well) came back which is pretty disturbing.

I don t know if there are any other duplicatas, I don t think so.

Just tried to upload my script file but looks like it s too big - 6,9M, so couldn t . Do you want it by email ? or just some part of it ? my save files ? Do you need the logs as well ?

Weird issue,

Could post your Script Folder, in a archive format ?

Thank you

Regards

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:15 am

rezaf wrote:Btw., when playing this mission on the other side, my AI Pompey decided to go to the East to harness it's wealth, leaving the spanish legions to their fate. Then he proceeded to march said legions into Gallia and towards Rome, producing the hardest military situation I faced in the game. Is that intentional? From the description, I was under the impression the legions were only supposed to activate once Pomey marched to Spain?
Also, I'm not sure if this is historical or not, it was a bit unfortunate that Pompey never managed to present any coherent military opposition to me for the entire rest of the scenario.
_____
rezaf

The Hispanian legions are active for at least the 2nd and maybe (not 100% sure) the 3rd turn even if Pompeius chooses the East. Then they become locked. Also they are unlocked if they are attacked. I'm guessing they marched to Gaul during the 2nd turn?

Vadim
Corporal

Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:33 pm

Here they are - in two parts as it was too big.

Sorry for the mess, it should be mix up with some other saves.

Regards,
Attachments
Scripts 1.rar
(2.36 MiB) Downloaded 208 times
Scripts 2.rar
(4.42 MiB) Downloaded 190 times

geoffreyg
Corporal

Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:31 pm

I have just hit a similar problem as Vadim playing as Pompey (chose Spain as option).

Bohémond

Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:38 pm

Vadim wrote:Here they are - in two parts as it was too big.

Sorry for the mess, it should be mix up with some other saves.

Regards,

Files to inspect have been overwritten by others games.

Could you try to clean your Script folder and generate same duplication bug ?

Regards

Vadim
Corporal

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:16 pm

I cleaned my Script folder and started a new campaign. Couldn t generate the same bug because it works perfectly ! :thumbsup:

I guess something went wrong with my previous folder and the IA got loss somewhere, from now i will clean it every time i finish a game.

I think Geoffreyg should post his own script file, that will help more than mine.

Cheers

Return to “Help to improve AJE”