wijse

Movement problem

Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:08 pm

(Click to enlarge)
I can't move from Ausa to Iesso, but have to move through Barcino, even thought Ausa and Iesso is right next to each other???
Also known as wis on the paradox forums.

PhilThib

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Most likely because tge mountain crest can't be crossed by cavalry (horses are not that good with high mountains)

wijse

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:26 pm

Nope. Pure infantry/Light Infantry does it as well. Sure this is not a bug. Both Iessos and Ausa are just mountains.

In Illyria you can move from Scodra(Mountain) to Salluntum(Mountain) directly without going into a third area which makes the trip longer. Are you this is not a pathfinding problem?

yellow ribbon

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:32 pm

lately the cav. wasthe last who COULD enter even mountains in unpleasant weather while infantry didnt, i believe its false pathfinding and one of the early days

i think you will need to drive off the Pompeian stack anyway, otherwise being blocked in the mountains. But Phil is right, there are point the major armies shall use as bottlenecks, the both edges of the mountains.

as you are in July, this shouldnt apply south of the crest, should it?
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

wijse

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:40 pm

I'm not blocked in the mountains. Why should you not be able to move from mountain to mountain? When you can do it in Illyria? Why should i have to move into a cleared land area and then into the mountains. Thats just wasting days for useless movement.

Click to enlarge the screenshots.

Look at this starting point Baetia (Mountains)

and then when i move from Baetia (Mountains) into Contrebia (Mountains)

there is no problem moving from Mountain to Mountain(It says four days to enter on the info box, but 20 days on the map)

Then i drag and drop the stack from Baetia (Mountains) into Ercavica (Mountains) It reroutes the whole stack into other small provinces.

Please give me a logical explanation for this.

PhilThib

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:26 am

We need your save to check what happens.

* Betia province is separated to all other adjacent northern mountains by a Crest (which add +20-25 days of crossing, then reduced by Caesar's fast mover ability), hence the 20 days cost
* Normal cost mountain to mountain is 4 days when no crest. I guess the tooltip can't calculate the crests, because the code has no way to know from where you shall be entering the province
* The movement path is handled automatically by the code engine, and will choose the fastest route in terms of days...what I just feel strange is that your stack in screen #3 does not seem to go to the same destination as in screen #2...did you drop it on the same area?

Return to “Help to improve AJE”