bob.
General

Marius vs Sulla - something very weird

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:22 pm

I never played Sulla for more than 1, 2 years and now in my current playthrough I am in -84 and something very weird is going on with the Pontics in my opinion:

[ATTACH]20445[/ATTACH]

First of all, notice the f***ing HUGE army of Mithridates! Absurdly, it is there since the beginning of -86! With other words, since TWO years Mithridates has this huge army in Thessalonica, totally out of supply obviously (the region is pillaged after all) and.. just not doing anything! I guess it is because the AI doesn't want to attack with out of supply forces? Reasonable, but it was a bit stupid to have basically the whole army there ;)

Now for the reason why I am not attacking this army: I am busy in Chalcis where this unbelievably annoying army is somehow just.. not leaving?!? Since 10 turns or so I attack him every time with Sullas army, then with the Egyptian army (yeah they actually supported me I love them so much:coeurs :) - but he always only takes ~200-1000 losses then retreats - but always stays in one of the two provinces! Why doesn't he surrender and how come he can lose a battle but still stay in the province?
(I by the way also lost TWO generals already in those battles! Even though in one of them I took 100 losses and the other one I took ZERO losses - but I lost a general! That doesn't make too much sense either?!?)
Attachments
situation.jpg

Return to “Help to improve AJE”