Fouche
Captain

Save PBEM issue

Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:13 pm

Hi,
My friend and I have started to play Hannibal Terror of Rome game. :)
We have an issue with the saved game feature for PBEM.
(We have played other AGEOD games before and this is the first time we have this problem.)
I am the host.
I send him the TRN file.
He does his turn and then saves the game on the main map screen in the upper right corner of the game.
It seems that does not save the game for him before he sends the ORD file to me.
Is there something else he should do?
Also, I have noted that when I run the game after clicking end of turn...I have to at one point put my password in in 5 times.
Is this because of the AI and factions involved with the game?
Thanks,
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
:D

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:18 am

Hello,

I'm only a fellow gamer throwing out some unofficial guesses.

Maybe your opponent does not have the proper user rights to save files on his computer. Is he running the game with administrative rights? Can he save and load his own single player game?

You could try it without a password. I'm not sure if there is any point in using a password since he can't look at your turns with the file system Hannibal uses anyhow (the .hst, .trn, .ord.)

Durk

Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:10 am

Agreed. Run with admin rights and no password. It is not so much the many factions, AI and player, the Saved button creating the ord is the same as other AGEOD games. What puzzles me, you say he sends the ord file to you. If that is the case, then the save is creating the ord file??
My second guess, if Cardnal Ape's ideas do not work for you, you are actually in different versions of the game. That is, his save is not creating a file for the game you are hosting but for a different game which appears to be the same. This can happen if you have two installs or if he does. It is rare and odd, but worth checking. Easy cause, someone drops a file into the wrong folder and then the game displays both and you chose the alt one. But other things can cause to similar and confused installs.

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”