Bullman
Lieutenant

Crash when selecting New Game (Steam install)

Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:56 am

Hello

I get the following error/crash when I try to start a new game via Steam install.

[ATTACH]35522[/ATTACH]

Here is the log file:

[ATTACH]35523[/ATTACH]

What is the problem here?

Bull
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

aje.png

Franciscus

Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:27 am

Hi
In the log, it seems you are trying to pick up a Caesar vS Pompeius saved game, and then somehow the access to the saved files is denied.

Make sure you are running as administrator, UAC off. Check you AV software and disable auto scanning of the Steam folder.
Otherwise, it maybe a corrupted save file ?

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bullman
Lieutenant

Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:58 am

Franciscus wrote:Hi
In the log, it seems you are trying to pick up a Caesar vS Pompeius saved game, and then somehow the access to the saved files is denied.

Hi thanks for looking at this.
I don't understand why that would even be a problem because I am just trying to start a new game/browse/select a new scenario as I have just bought new DLC. The only reason why that saved game is mentioned I think is because it was the last game I played. I am not trying to load it.

Bullman
Lieutenant

Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:09 am

I actually deleted the game from Steam (including all the saves) and tried reinstalling from scratch. I still get he same error message.

Here is the log file: [ATTACH]35613[/ATTACH]

What do I do?

I also have another question. I bought the Parthian Wars and Hannibal DLC using Steam. I normally buy the DLC direct from Slitherine and then use the Serial Key to register the DLC with Steam.
How do I now register the DLC with Slitherine/Matrix? When I log in to my account there it woudl make sense if the Parthian Wars and Hannibal DLC was listed as registered there.

FWIW, I also have a non-Steam install of AJE on my PC, but without getting a Slitherine/Matrix serial from my Steam purchased DLC, I won't be able to access the new DLC I have purchased.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Franciscus

Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:25 am

Your log keeps saying your system is not allowing access to the game files. I do not know why, the usual culprits are not being "administrator", windows UAC, or your antivírus software. If all this is good, I have no other ideas, and I can only advise you to contact slitherine support.

Regarding your second issue: Steam DLCs are only for Steam AJE. And I think Matrix does not give "Matrix keys" to owners of the steam games, only the other way around.

But there is a non-official workaround: just copy the PAR and HAN scn files from your Steam instalation to the Scens folder of your non-Steam AJE, and you will be able to play all scenarios inside your non-steam AJE.

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bullman
Lieutenant

Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:36 am

Ok thanks.
Because I was running the game vie the Steam menu, I had no option to Run As Administrator. I found the exe in the Steam directory and ran it directly as administrator and all is now ok.

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”