Rainbow
Civilian

AJE / Changement de la langue de l'interface

Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:02 am

Bonjour,

Je viens d'acheter sur Steam le pack "AJE Complete", indiqué comme étant avec une interface en Anglais, Français, Allemand ou Espagnol.
Le "lanceur Matrix" me propose un accès aux 4 langues pour le manuel, mais pur la partie jeu stricto-sensu seulement un "Play game" qui m'amène vers une version anglaise du jeu.
Et malgré mes recherches, je n'ai trouvé ni dans le manuel, ni dans la sectin "otion" du menu principal aucun information ou possibilité de changer cela.
Et, avec les mystère de Steam, je n'ai pas un accès simple et direct à un répertoire de jeu pour chercher un éventuel fichier de configuration.

Un petit coup de main ?
Merci d'avance.

Franciscus

Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:16 pm

Hi, Rainbow.

Sorry, I do not write well in french, I hope you understand english:

You can manually change the game language.

If you have Steam, the usual location of the Settings subfolder is:

Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Alea Jacta Est/AJE/Settings

In the Settings subfolder, open with any text editor the file "General.opt"

In there, point 2:

2. *** General interface choices ***
// language (0: English; 1: Francais; 2: Espanol; 3: Deutsche)
Language = 0
ThirdLanguage = -1

Change

Language = 0

to

Language = 1

Save and close.

That should do it

Salut !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rainbow
Civilian

Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:03 pm

Thanks a lot.
I was aware, as it is stated for other games in the forum, that it might be in a "General.opt" file, but my windows "Search" didn't find it. And I always forgot that Steam application specific folders are not under "SteamApps", but under .... "Common" :bonk: !

By the way, may I say it's a pity that a game which is so verbose (and use high-level language to describe high-level mechanisms and concepts) has such a tricky/unnatural way of changing language.
I usually play my games in English, but that's definitively impossible there. (Almost) everybody knows what "New game" or "Loading data" means, a decent wargamer of course knows what "Supply", "Fog of War", "stack", "postures", "breach", "blockade" mean ; but in almost 40 years of wargaming (1977, to be precise), that's the first time I encounter the word "mustered" to describe an army levy/readiness. Much better English that the usual globish "army production", but quite difficult to handle... especially if you can't easily change language.

Anyway, Thanks again !

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”