kenbb99
Civilian

Problem applying 1.04 patch

Sun May 24, 2015 3:04 am

I downloaded the 1.04 patch and ran it, but the load screen and Credits still show 1.02. The patch appeared to run fine, and AJE.exe is dated 11/7/14. What am I doing wrong? I just bought the game and am excited to run the latest version!

arsan

Sun May 24, 2015 10:14 am

Hi and welcome to the forums!

7th november 2014 is the right date for the 1.04 patch .exe.
But it should show the 1.04 version on load screen... it's strange it doesn't. Probably the patch is not correcly installed.

Maybe ther was some mistake on the patching process and the patch wasn't directed to the right folder, creating a paralel folder with the patch files inside the instalation folder. It happened to me once :bonk:

When you are asked about where to install the patch, it should be installed on the main "Alea Jacta Est" folder, not in the "AJE" sufolder you find inside the main one.

Hope it hepls!

kenbb99
Civilian

Sun May 24, 2015 7:51 pm

Thanks for your suggestions, but they did not work. The game now appears to be working with the 1.04 patch installed, but I had to go through several steps.

After re-applying the patch and starting the game, I noticed that in the upper left it said "Using Mod dir \BOR" and still loaded 1.02. I exited, and found the ModPath.ini file and changed BOR to AJE. Trying to start AJE.EXE, there were several errors, but the start screen showed 1.04 before crashing to desktop. Progress!? The errors indicated files were missing from \AJE including \Settings\Display.opt and \Settings\Sounds. So I copied all the files from \BOR to \AJE, re-applied the patch, and restarted AJE.EXE. The program now appears to be running correctly with 1.04 shown on the main screen and Credits.

I'm not sure why there are \BOR and \AJE directories. The initial installation created both, pointed AJE.EXE to the \BOR directory, but the patch program copied files to the unused \AJE directory. The patch program did not give the option to apply the patch files to the \BOR directory. In reading the forum, it appears that other people did not have this problem, but perhaps my efforts will help someone else.

I'm now looking forward to playing (the latest version of) the game!

Franciscus

Sun May 24, 2015 9:04 pm

Hi

Your troubles are very strange because AJE and BOR are standalones, except for the Steam version.

What game did you buy, and where ?
Which patch did you apply and where did you downloaded it ?

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”