dpt24
Sergeant

Most AGEOD games won't load after using Norton Anti-Virus

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:58 pm

I have most of the AGEOD games and they all work on my computer. A couple days ago I was having some serious computer issues involving a maleware popup and thus was forced to use Norton Power-Eraser. The program flagged a couple of the AGEOD programs (as well as a Matrix Game) but I told the program to NOT remove them. I only removed something called BHO which I did not recognize. The program contains the option to restore whatever it deleted and when I look at that it only has BHO in it; none of the AGEOD games. The Matrix Game Flashpoint Campaigns still works fine, its just the AGEOD Games don't. Wars in America 2, Birth of Rome, Pride of Nations (paradox version), and RUS. The original American Civil War game works; I believe it is because that game was done via disk rather than download but I do not know for sure. Civil War 2 does not work but the issue there is related to Bloody Roads South and I'll ask about it in that forum. Any help or suggestions?

dpt24
Sergeant

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:02 pm

Update, Civil War 2 won't load either. No idea why Matrix's games work.

richfed

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:26 pm

I use NIS 21+ on my Windows 8.1 system. No conflict with AGEOD games. [I have AACW, CW2 w/BRS, WIA, PON, Napoleon, AJE/BOR]. SOMETIMES, I nave a problem running patches - especially Betas]. All I have to do is turn off auto-protect for 15 minutes and that fixes that. Latest NIS has option to run the file in question anyway, so I no longer need to shut it off. Power Eraser is a powerful tool that should be used with caution. Most of my games are downloads, btw. I would try uninstalling, rebooting, turn off auto-protect for a short duration, and try reinstalling again. Be VERY careful the next time you use Power Eraser.

Pocus

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:18 am

What would happen if you use Norton Power Eraser to clear your PC, then de-install it? That would probably let all games to run.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”