mariandavid
Sergeant

Crtitical Error and Exit:

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:08 pm

In the last week have constantly got the following: "Profiler.DLong: Error Accessing file".

Have no idea why after 6 months of trouble free playing. Only related change was the installation of Civil War II from which I get the same Critical Error and Exit.

Franciscus

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:11 pm

Hi

Can you post your Mainlog.txt file just after a crash ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mariandavid
Sergeant

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:47 pm

Curses - been so long since I have had to do it that I have forgotten how to!

Pocus

Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:34 am

Please check that your games are not in C:\Program Files. You can also try to reduce Windows' UAC by one notch. It has to do with Windows or your anti virus preventing the file to be updated.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

mariandavid
Sergeant

Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:04 pm

Still no luck (or with Civil War II!): wondered - what is the default location for AGE and CWII - in my case they differ and CWII appears in two places. Am not panicking since (for some reason) ROP and RUS are unaffected by my glitch.

Franciscus

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:42 pm

I do not understand the reason for your problem...

I would maybe advise to completely uninstall both games - and delete all remaining folders - and reinstall them, preferably not in C:\Program Files (I would sugest maybe C:\Games, or C:\Ageod) and see if that fixes it...

(As to CWII, you should have your game installation location and a second directory in your "My Games", this last containing the saves, logs and scripts generated by playing. This is normal for CWII)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mariandavid
Sergeant

Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:53 pm

Nor do I! And it is exceedingly frustrating because I dare not risk buying Espana.

CWII in my case finished up in 'Games", with just the logs, saves, scripts and profilers in 'My Games' - is this normal? AGE is in 'Games'

Will try your solution with AGE to a newly created C:\Ageod first.

In any case thanks for all your help.

Franciscus

Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:33 pm

mariandavid wrote:CWII in my case finished up in 'Games", with just the logs, saves, scripts and profilers in 'My Games' - is this normal? AGE is in 'Games'

Yes, that is normal

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”