Random
AGEod Veteran

Cannot advance turn, 3rd Samnite War

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:26 pm

Reached Turn-8 in the 3rd Samnite War scenario and the Turn button is inactive for some reason and so cannot advance to the next turn.

Have reloaded this several times, backed up and replayed Turn-7 and reproduced the same problem in Turn-8. Clicking on the Consular Army besieging the port on the Samnite port on the Adriatic (cannot recall the city name or Consul) locks the unit panel on that unit and will not allow access to any other unit.

Save attached.

Thanks in advance.

-C

[ATTACH]21470[/ATTACH]
Attachments
BOR 3 Sam War Turn 8.zip
(161.29 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

Franciscus

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:02 pm

Strange, I cannot reproduce your bug. I clicked on the consular army besieging Bovianum, opened the unit panel of the consul and of his units, also the other roman armies, everything OK. I ran the turn, it is now turn 9, if you want to check.

No idea what is the problem. Do you have UAC disabled ? is your BOR game folder exempted from your AV program ?

Regards
Attachments
BOR 3 Sam War Turn 9.zip
(283.6 KiB) Downloaded 164 times

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:24 pm

Even stranger, reproduced the same effect twice before opening this thread since most of my game problems are found between the chair and keyboard but tried again after reading your response and the turn advanced no problem with my save even though nothing changed.

Thank you for checking. Must have been the Cat, she's a closet Samnite, I'm sure.

-C

Pocus

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:03 am

:)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”