Sathariel
Conscript

Serious error, game crashes

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Hi. I can see it's quite busy here today, not that unexpected on the official premiere date, I guess. Anyway: I was happily getting my armies massacred in Spain due to my pathetic leadership in the Caesar's scenario (as Pompeii) and I seemed to have reached a point where the game crashes. I see a white dialog box with a message something like 'Critical error the application has to be terminated. Please consult AGEOD etc'. Being a rebel I of course ignored it, restarted the game, load up autosave and tried to carry on playing, but nope - won't move forward. Each time I give the orders and try to End Turn the game crashes with the same message.

EDIT: I should've probably mentioned my comp specs: its i7 Intel 3.4 GHz processor, 8 GB RAM, running Windows 7. Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti.

If anyone wants the save, please say so, and I`ll attach it.
I`m attaching the log (hopefully):
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Bohémond

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:18 pm

Could you specify the size of your save (3-CaesarPompey50.hst) in AJE/Saves ?

Seems to be a conflict with your AV.

Thank you

Sathariel
Conscript

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:56 pm

The .hst in the 3-CaesarPompey500 folder is... 0 bytes. I guess it might be due to me trying to reload the game? The Backup 1 is ~3MB, Backup2 same as 1.

I should mention that I rolled back 2-3 turns and now I`m way over the turn where the crash occurred.

Bohémond

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:01 pm

Sometimes AV, or less frequent UAC, does not allow AJE to write a file. That why it's o bytes. It's not you trying to reload the game.

You can restore your backup 1 (Previous turn) in MainMenu/LoadGame, put the mouse over your last save and follow instructions to restore your Backup.

Keep us informed.

Regards

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”