AndreasK

Slow scroll when fully zoomed out

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Just started the game to have a look. Looks splendid, one thing I noted though is that scrolling the map when fully zoomed out is VERY SLOW. Anything I can do myself to improve that (other than buying a new computer)? Any settings anywhere, etc.?

yellow ribbon

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:29 pm

AndreasK wrote:Just started the game to have a look. Looks splendid, one thing I noted though is that scrolling the map when fully zoomed out is VERY SLOW. Anything I can do myself to improve that (other than buying a new computer)? Any settings anywhere, etc.?

as a start:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?25250-preordered-game-technical-issues-(installation-and-running)&p=242648&viewfull=1#post242648
[color="#FFFF00"]
Hint on improving scrolling speed
If the game scrolls slowly, there is a checkbox in the Options window, System Tab ( on the Main Menu when you see Load Game etc.) called 'Texture Initialized'. Be sure it is checked, if not, once you have checked it, then quit and restart game.[/color]

few other things are described over different threads by experienced gamers too, but some part of the problem goes on account of Nvidia too.
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

AndreasK

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:42 pm

yellow ribbon wrote:as a start:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?25250-preordered-game-technical-issues-(installation-and-running)&p=242648&viewfull=1#post242648
[color="#FFFF00"]
Hint on improving scrolling speed
If the game scrolls slowly, there is a checkbox in the Options window, System Tab ( on the Main Menu when you see Load Game etc.) called 'Texture Initialized'. Be sure it is checked, if not, once you have checked it, then quit and restart game.[/color]

few other things are described over different threads by experienced gamers too, but some part of the problem goes on account of Nvidia too.

Many thanks for quick input. Will try this, and other things too if needed. Cheers! (I can admit that my laptop is about 4 years old now, if not older, so partially to blame too (even if it was gaming-state-of-the-art in those days...) :)

yellow ribbon

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:48 pm

not about the laptop, NVIDIA is hard on that, dont know why. used mainly an old FX5600 and Radeon 9600 for testing...
i just hope you will be that busy with the game, that you dont need to zoom out, have fun...
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

AndreasK

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:53 pm

yellow ribbon wrote:not about the laptop, NVIDIA is hard on that, dont know why. used mainly an old FX5600 and Radeon 9600 for testing...
i just hope you will be that busy with the game, that you dont need to zoom out, have fun...

True. Me too. Unfortunately "Texture Initialized" was already checked, and could find no other hints in the other threads... :(

But I'm use I will enjoy the game anyway.

yellow ribbon

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:00 pm

as he is already present, i quote him:

Bohémond
AJE Consul Princeps
AJE Prima Cohors
WIA Beta Alumnus

Regarding scrolling issue ( lower fps at minimum zoom), we still investigate it.

In the meanwhile, a solution is to ;

[color="#FF0000"] Open

general.opt in AJE/Settings

Change ;

RegionsBorders = 1

into

RegionsBorders = 0

Save and close. [/color]

Regards

just as an example

PS:

evening Boh.
...not paid by AGEOD.

PS:

Clausewitz

Sgtchaudart
Conscript

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:16 pm

yellow ribbon wrote:
[color="#FF0000"] Open

general.opt in AJE/Settings

Change ;

RegionsBorders = 1

into

RegionsBorders = 0

Save and close. [/color]

Regards

just as an example

PS:

evening Boh.

Thanks!
It works for me.

AndreasK

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:10 pm

Many thanks! Worked for me too! :)

Hobbes

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:16 pm

You can also try playing around with these variables in the settings/General.opt file.
These are the settings I use but you can change them to find your preference.

ScrollAmount = 100
ScrollDelay = 0
ScrollIncrease = 0

This change can be worth doing even if you are not having performance problems. It can be nice to tailor the scroll speed to your taste.

Cheers,
Chris

P.S. if you change these and notice no difference you are probably running under W7 (or Vista?) and will need to look in the virtual store directory.
If you need any more info about this let me know.

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”