pantsukki
Brigadier General

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:51 am

pantsukki wrote:I'm using a Toshiba Satellite A660; Intel Corei5 2,67 GHz, 6 GB's of RAM, GeForce GT 330M. Video driver isn't the most recent, and come to think of it, might be that my system has been using the low power built-in Intel graphics card. It shouldn't, but I'll check whether that has been the case.

Seems that my system wanted to use the underpowered built-in graphics card with the game. Tried it once with the GeForce, and everything worked. I'll report if I have more problems. Thanks for all the help!

Pocus

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:10 pm

You're welcome

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Paul Roberts

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:23 pm

I've been away for a while, but I'm thrilled to see AJE available for preorder! I just bought mine and installed it.

[EDIT: Now I see the problem: the game is not active yet! "Next Turn" will function when my pre-ordered copy is updated on September 19, three days prior to official release. Sorry for any confusion.]

[INDENT=2]I've run into an unexpected problem, though. The "Next Turn" button just doesn't work for me. I've tried it in the tutorial and several scenarios: I can give orders and change filters and everything else, but clicking the Next Turn arrow just does nothing. I'm stuck in turn one.

I'm pretty sure I'm trying to do it correctly. (I've played every AGEOD game since AACW, and of course they all use the same "Next Turn" method.) Has anyone else reported this problem?

[/INDENT]

[I'll leave this post here just in case anyone else needs this reminder.]

P.S. Look, my old forum avatar goes perfectly with AJE!

Bohémond

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:33 pm

Paul Roberts wrote:I've been away for a while, but I'm thrilled to see AJE available for preorder! I just bought mine and installed it.

[EDIT: Now I see the problem: the game is not active yet! "Next Turn" will function when my pre-ordered copy is updated on September 19, three days prior to official release. Sorry for any confusion.]

[INDENT=2]I've run into an unexpected problem, though. The "Next Turn" button just doesn't work for me. I've tried it in the tutorial and several scenarios: I can give orders and change filters and everything else, but clicking the Next Turn arrow just does nothing. I'm stuck in turn one.

I'm pretty sure I'm trying to do it correctly. (I've played every AGEOD game since AACW, and of course they all use the same "Next Turn" method.) Has anyone else reported this problem?

[/INDENT]

Hello,

You will be able to press the next turn button on September 19th.

As soon as you will install the release patch for preorder version.

The preorder version does not allow to process next turn, it's WAD.

Regards

Sir Garnet

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:38 pm

Looking around, I note the Detect Bonus setting tooltip is the same for each selection (i.e., not revealing what the current setting is).

Jim-NC

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Paul Roberts wrote:I've been away for a while, but I'm thrilled to see AJE available for preorder! I just bought mine and installed it.

[/INDENT]

It does, and the toga so matches your eyes. ;)
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:49 am

Hi Paul, glad to see your back!

I hope you don't mind, I have enlarged your ... PON icon? ;)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Franciscus

Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:50 am

Sir Garnet wrote:Looking around, I note the Detect Bonus setting tooltip is the same for each selection (i.e., not revealing what the current setting is).

Hi.

It is just a cosmetic thing. While the other tooltips indicate the selected level, this one is generic, it just explains what are the options. But rest assured, the selection you make regarding detect bonus will be active in game, as you can check in the file Alea Jacta Est\AJE\Settings\General.opt

Regards

Dragoon!
Sergeant

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:24 pm

Is the scrolling issue possibly related to multi-core pc's? I changed the regions to 0 and that helped alot, but, AGEOD engine games have always been stuttery on scroll on my multicore pc (ww1 gold was all but unplayable-but I know that was a different engine, right?). I ask because I loaded BOA2 on my much weaker laptop and it was seemingly 10x smoother and faster.

patadams
Civilian

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:56 am

Hi.

First of all, sorry for my poor english. I'm new in this forum but I was reading it during the last month. I have a problem with the game, people said that a picture is better than 1000 word so here we go

The first picture is when I'm in the normal mode, the second picture is when I push the decision's mode button. You can see the interface become strange and I can't see the decisions.
One more time, sorry for my english, I hope you can undertand me.

PhilThib

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:03 pm

What is your screen resolution? It looks to be below the minimum standards (1024 x 768)

yellow ribbon

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:05 pm

depending on the screen resolution you are running on your computer, that might happen.
especially the eagle was prone to it, but after all this months of testing, the complete missing of the roof in the background is new to me...

have you tried it with different resolutions, 1280x1024 works fine for me, but with the eagle
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

patadams
Civilian

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:30 pm

Thank you so much. The resolution was the problem. I changed it to 1280x1024 and now works fine. All is ready now to 19th September :thumbsup:

coturnix
Private

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Same problem, and also using 1024x768 (checked just to make sure). I don´t get the problem if i change resolution, but then the eagle button that enters recruitment mode duplicates on top of the original if i enter decision mode. With 1024x768 that doesn´t happen, only the problem mentioned in this thread.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:52 pm

I noticed this same 'problem'.

It is a pity though, because I have this ASUS netbook with small screen and 1024 x 600 resolution, use it like a kind of tablet.
But it would have been great if I could play this game on the road.

I had tested Napoleons Campaigns, and it does run (loading the game takes 10 minutes), but the details screen for army elements got cut at the top.
At first it seemed that AJE had a more sensible layout - I am looking at the preview on this machine, and most of it seems OK - but the faulty decisions mode will make it unplayable.

picaron

Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:17 am

Originally Posted by CeltiberoEspartiata:

"....El caso es que ayer compré el juego AJE en la página de AGEOD y no hay forma de descargarlo. He clicado en el link que me han enviado por correo, he buscado el link de descarga en Mis llaves en la página de AGEOD y el resultado siempre es el mismo. Se queda descargando pero no se descarga nada..."

"...
Le cas consiste en ce qu'hier j'ai acheté le jeu j'ai usé à la page d'AGEOD et il n'y a pas de forme de le décharger. J'ai clicado dans le link qu'ils m'ont envoyé par la poste, ai cherché le link de décharge dans mes clefs à la page d'AGEOD et le résultat est toujours le même. Il continue de déboucher mais il ne se décharge tout à fait..."

:wavey:

post # 273
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?25252-Intercambio-de-ideas-y-impresiones&p=245668#post245668
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

Pocus

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:54 am

Please ask him to contact the webshop, this thread is only for technical issues.

picaron

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:02 am

Pocus wrote:Please ask him to contact the webshop, this thread is only for technical issues.

Sorry¡

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

Pierrus
Conscript

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:53 am

Hello :)

I couldnt find a way to change the language. The installer is english only, is it normal ? Thanks !

Edit : Found it ! Just modify the General.opt file...

Yarpen
Private

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:45 pm

Forgive a lame question, but I'm somehow confused. I bought pre-order base version (without DVD) and installed it. What have I bought actually? Full game but with most options switched off until 19th Sep.? Some kind of beta/demo? What will I need to play the full campaign? Will there be a patch on Wednesday that allows it?

yellow ribbon

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:54 pm

exactly, they will deliver you the patch which enables all the options. Game is basically the full version of the state it had when pre-order started. (some content might have been under testing and coming with the aforementioned patch)

for more official statement about when you will have the patch on 19th:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?25197-AJE-Preorder&p=246008&viewfull=1#post246008
...not paid by AGEOD.

however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Soulstrider
Major

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:26 pm

How do I change the resolution in this game? In AGEsettings there is a resolution option but whenever I close the window it reverts back to my native resolution.

I ask this since in my native resolution the interface becomes INCREDIBLY small.

Pocus

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:16 am

click on Fullscreen, then choose a resolution in the dropdown box, then click on change, quit the utility, it should work.

Soulstrider
Major

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:53 am

Pocus wrote:click on Fullscreen, then choose a resolution in the dropdown box, then click on change, quit the utility, it should work.

That's kind of the point I am making, I do that and It always reverts back to the "user desktop resolution"

Edit:Weird I was doing the exact same thing yesterday and it didn't change, now it is.

Pocus

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:31 pm

perhaps an additional reboot did well, sometime Windows prevent files to be written by utilities.

Kolakhan
Conscript

Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Where is the activation patch?

PhilThib

Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Ask for it by email to me: pthibaut@ageod.com

Kolakhan
Conscript

Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:24 pm

Email sent per your request.

PhilThib