wryun
Sergeant

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:57 pm

Emx77 wrote:Well, FPS changes only during map scrolling. When you don't scroll you have static image and FPS doesn't change. It is at 25 FPS, 20ms in zoom-out and 25 FPS, 5ms in zoom-in mode.

Regarding video mode, it could be reason but then why I don't have same issue with other Ageod titles? I've just tried RUS again - scrolling is fast and smooth regardless of zoom level. Obviously there is something peculiar with AJE (at least on my machine).

I have the same issues with an ATI card (ATI 4670, E8500, 2gb RAM). Just started up ACW: 5 fps when first scrolling, but then smooth (25fps) at any zoom level. AJE never really improves at maximum zoom: 5 fps over Italy/Greece, 10 fps over unpopulated areas, even after all the caching. Hope you can figure this one out, because it's quite annoying.

Agesilaus
Corporal

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:55 am

Pocus wrote:There is no magic solution, as DirectX is absolutly not interface friendly for this kind of things. You can try to switch with AGESettings to full screen and with a low resolution, while preserving 96 DPI.

Are there any alternate fonts that look more substantial than the default one the game uses? Perhaps a bolded font would be easier to read.

As it stands, I can deal with it so long as I keep the map in one of the coloured modes, like the terrain map mode. If I just use the plain map view, the text and shields do not stand out well enough.

Pocus

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:21 am

Bolded fonts are larger, so they will overlap on interface and that's a problem. It is better to reduce resolution to enlarge everything, with AGESettings.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

picaron

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:43 am

Il y a un doute à l'égard des conditions requises informatiques du jeu à l'avoir différences entre le "communiqué de presse" et le Manuel. Lequel des deux est certain ?

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

FLS

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi,

I've changed some settings as I had the same problem with AI 25% use and now I've this:

---------------------------
Erreur d'application
Exception EAccessViolation dans le module AJE.exe dans 00390672.

Violation d'accès à l'adresse 00790672 dans le module 'AJE.exe'. Lecture de l'adresse 00000000.

OK

I can't launch the game now anymore.

Best
FLS

Pocus

Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:48 am

E Access violation is generally caused by a missing information, have you fiddled manually with any file? You should deinstall/reinstall the game to get rid of it. Then tell us what is the error if any you get after that.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

picaron

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:43 am

Il y a un doute à l'égard des conditions requises informatiques du jeu à l'avoir différences entre le "communiqué de presse" et le Manuel. Lequel des deux est certain ?

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

PhilThib

Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:04 am

Manuel

Recommended System Requirements:
OS: Windows XP/Vista/Win7 - DirectX 9.0c or higher - Chip: Pentium® IV 1800+ MHz - 4Gb free on the HD - 1024 Mb RAM – Video Card: 256 Mb - DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card – Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 or larger

FLS

Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:46 pm

Pocus wrote:E Access violation is generally caused by a missing information, have you fiddled manually with any file? You should deinstall/reinstall the game to get rid of it. Then tell us what is the error if any you get after that.

I went into the fils, without modifying them..... strange, did it with other games without problem. Anyway, I did un/re-install and it worked.

thanks
FLS

Pocus

Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:58 am

Good to know anyway! :)

Vcube
Conscript

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:22 pm

I have the scrolling issue
Core I5/ATI 5870/4 Gb RAM/Windos 7 64 Bits/Version 0.99m, tutorial

maximum zoom, 25 FPS, but not smooth
minimum zoom, 5 to 20 FPS, not smoth

Have tried texture init, reduction of memory, reducing ATI 3D settings to minimum, full screen mode, disabling tracing error and proc. en sommeil. With Game restart. No improvement in min zoom mode.

Jim-NC

Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:52 am

Welcome to the forums Vcube. We strive to help those who visit us.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:35 am

Vcube wrote:I have the scrolling issue
Core I5/ATI 5870/4 Gb RAM/Windos 7 64 Bits/Version 0.99m, tutorial

maximum zoom, 25 FPS, but not smooth
minimum zoom, 5 to 20 FPS, not smoth

Have tried texture init, reduction of memory, reducing ATI 3D settings to minimum, full screen mode, disabling tracing error and proc. en sommeil. With Game restart. No improvement in min zoom mode.

not smooth comes from not having initialized textures. You should restart to allow them to be all loaded in memory.

Also, some users may have a problem with red doted borders that can take some time to draw, alas except disabling it, there is few things you can do here.

Vcube
Conscript

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:33 pm

Jim-NC wrote:Welcome to the forums Vcube. We strive to help those who visit us.

Thanks. A bit technical for a first post... could have been better

Vcube
Conscript

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Pocus wrote:not smooth comes from not having initialized textures. You should restart to allow them to be all loaded in memory.

Also, some users may have a problem with red doted borders that can take some time to draw, alas except disabling it, there is few things you can do here.

Pocus

I had smoothness issues with or without texture init.

I have retried with screen settings <> full screen, i.e. 1600 * 1200, and now it is better.

Vcube

Pocus

Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:53 am

Sorry to not have helped you more, but yes, if you bear to run the game in a window that is smaller than your desktop resolution, speed will increase.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Pocus wrote:E Access violation is generally caused by a missing information, have you fiddled manually with any file? You should deinstall/reinstall the game to get rid of it. Then tell us what is the error if any you get after that.

Strange, I'm getting the same error message. I haven't touched any of the files, all I've done is plugging in a new monitor, mouse and keyboard. I'll try reinstalling later and report.

Vcube
Conscript

Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:07 pm

Back on test :)

I have not been able to restore full screen using "utilitaire de configuration", it seems to be stuck somewhere. After directly editing Display.opt, everything is OK.
About scrolling smoothness, I have noticed that scrolling with arrow keys is not felt jerky. May be due to a bigger and constant displacement step. I don't even think to it after a few minutes of play.

Bohémond

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:48 pm

Regarding scrolling issue ( lower fps at minimum zoom), we still investigate it.

In the meanwhile, a solution is to ;

Open general.opt in AJE/Settings

Change ;

RegionsBorders = 1

into

RegionsBorders = 0

Save and close.

Regards

Vcube
Conscript

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:08 am

Bohémond wrote:Regarding scrolling issue ( lower fps at minimum zoom), we still investigate it.

In the meanwhile, a solution is to ;

Open general.opt in AJE/Settings

Change ;

RegionsBorders = 1

into

RegionsBorders = 0

Save and close.

Regards

Tested and OK. Thanks

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:34 pm

pantsukki wrote:Strange, I'm getting the same error message. I haven't touched any of the files, all I've done is plugging in a new monitor, mouse and keyboard. I'll try reinstalling later and report.

OK, reinstalling fixed the E Access violation error, but now when I tried to load the Year of the 4 emperors scenario, I got an error message saying "Error creating texture roads_moesia_inf_thracia" and the game crashed.

Bohémond

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:49 pm

pantsukki wrote:OK, reinstalling fixed the E Access violation error, but now when I tried to load the Year of the 4 emperors scenario, I got an error message saying "Error creating texture roads_moesia_inf_thracia" and the game crashed.

Could you send me your mainlog (in AJE/logs) at contact@aleajactaest-game.com ?

Regards

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:02 pm

Bohémond wrote:Could you send me your mainlog (in AJE/logs) at contact@aleajactaest-game.com ?

Regards

I'd imagine that the game creates a new log-file every time it's loaded? Because after the crash, I loaded the game again and tried some other scenarios which worked. If the log has been overwritten because of this, I can try loading the 4 emperors again.

yellow ribbon

Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:23 pm

yes, in generally the main-log is based on the current game/scenario. if you restart or replay there is no history, but a "new" file overwrites the content.

please restart, load the scenario and if the problem is still there and you are kicked out from the game, use the file in the logs folder BEFORE you start the game again
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Chertio
Lieutenant

Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:29 pm

Norton hit my pre-order setup exe with a "WS.Reputation.1" virus status. This means that Norton has not heard of the file before and for that reason very helpfully (sarcasm) stops the program for running or removes it altogether.

I'm posting this because I would be interested to know if anyone else has installed this under Norton, either with problems or without.

Update: After hours of fiddling and after killing off Norton completely before the download and install, AJE is now running.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:38 pm

yellow ribbon wrote:yes, in generally the main-log is based on the current game/scenario. if you restart or replay there is no history, but a "new" file overwrites the content.

please restart, load the scenario and if the problem is still there and you are kicked out from the game, use the file in the logs folder BEFORE you start the game again

This time the error message was "error creating texture roads_tripolitania" when trying to load the 4 emperors scenario. I sent the main log via e-mail.

PJJ
Captain

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:25 am

I'm also having the slow scrolling speed problem. I have an Nvidia card. Bohémond's solution fixes the problem completely.

Pocus

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:49 am

pantsukki wrote:This time the error message was "error creating texture roads_tripolitania" when trying to load the 4 emperors scenario. I sent the main log via e-mail.

That might be due to the size (width) of the graphical file representing the road. Graphics are converted into textures by your video card, but perhaps that's too big for it. How recent is your computer? Is your video driver up to date?

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:35 am

Pocus wrote:That might be due to the size (width) of the graphical file representing the road. Graphics are converted into textures by your video card, but perhaps that's too big for it. How recent is your computer? Is your video driver up to date?

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite A660; Intel Corei5 2,67 GHz, 6 GB's of RAM, GeForce GT 330M. Video driver isn't the most recent, and come to think of it, might be that my system has been using the low power built-in Intel graphics card. It shouldn't, but I'll check whether that has been the case.

yellow ribbon

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:25 pm

pantsukki wrote:I'm using a Toshiba Satellite A660; Intel Corei5 2,67 GHz, 6 GB's of RAM, GeForce GT 330M. Video driver isn't the most recent, and come to think of it, might be that my system has been using the low power built-in Intel graphics card. It shouldn't, but I'll check whether that has been the case.

hum...much better than my old PCI-GP... and i had it only once in testing, never again :confused:
...not paid by AGEOD.

however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”