brucesim2003
Conscript

Crashing at startup

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:59 am

I'm having a lot of problems getting the game to start. About 80% of the time it crashes. Screenshot attached.

Cheers

Bruce
Attachments
AJE crash.jpg

Pocus

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:11 pm

Can you please send the main log.txt file which is in the logs folder, also your DxDiag file? to phmalacher@ageod.net please.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

brucesim2003
Conscript

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:12 am

Pocus wrote:Can you please send the main log.txt file which is in the logs folder, also your DxDiag file? to phmalacher@ageod.net please.

How do I go about getting the dxdiag file?

Bohémond

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:37 am

brucesim2003 wrote:How do I go about getting the dxdiag file?

If you have windows xp, you get the dxdiag like this:

* Click on your "Start" button.
* Select "Run".
* Type "dxdiag" (without the quotes).
* Click "OK".
* A box called "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" should open.
* At the bottom of this window, you will find a button called "Save
All Information".
* Click this button.
* A box will pop up prompting you to save a file called "dxdiag.txt"
* Save this file to your "Desktop".
* Now you should see a text file called "dxdiag.txt" sitting on your
Windows desktop.

If you have windows vista, do like this:

* Click on your "Start" button.
* Write dxdiag in the search field.
* A box called "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" should open.
* At the bottom of this window, you will find a button called "Save
All Information".
* Click this button.
* A box will pop up prompting you to save a file called "dxdiag.txt"
* Save this file to your "Desktop".
* Now you should see a text file called "dxdiag.txt" sitting on your
Windows desktop.

Regards

Pocus

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:10 am

We got your files. Nothing much suspect in them, so we will have to try reducing the settings by tweaking your general.opt file and see if it works. Please send the file in AJE\Settings\general.opt to same address, I'll return it edited.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

FLS

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:11 am

I sent you also my files as I'm having the same problem. Can I also send you the requested file too to see if it works for me?

brucesim2003
Conscript

Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:54 pm

Pocus wrote:We got your files. Nothing much suspect in them, so we will have to try reducing the settings by tweaking your general.opt file and see if it works. Please send the file in AJE\Settings\general.opt to same address, I'll return it edited.

I've sent the file.

Cheers

Bruce

Stelteck
Colonel

Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:24 pm

Greetings.
I had a similar crash at startup (during texture loading) when i changed memory usage from 75% to 25% in order to check if it may solve my map slow scrolling issues.
I solved the problem by returning memory usage to 50% using the general option file.

Pocus

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:04 am

Sure, we can tweak the files and return it to you. Please always remind of your nickname and the thread where you speak of your problem, so we can stay in context.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:28 am

I had the same problem, until I realized that by default my laptop was using the integrated crappy video card to run the game instead of my GeForce. Are you using a laptop too?

FLS

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:02 am

pantsukki wrote:I had the same problem, until I realized that by default my laptop was using the integrated crappy video card to run the game instead of my GeForce. Are you using a laptop too?

I'm using a laptop (toshiba satellite) with a GeForce 330 M. I checked the default setting and had the same thing: it was using the "%(=&(/*&%P)_/&++%%% integrated video card instead of the Nvidia GeForce. Now, I restarted the game 3 times and it worked perfectly well!

Dear Pantsukki, You saved my day! :thumbsup: :coeurs: :hat:

Pocus

Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:25 am

Awesome!

Quite surprising that Windows, with all its sophisticated (and sometime obscures) mechanisms don't even tell you once that the video card used is not the main one but a lousy chipset. For example there is this 'game rating' scale from 1 to 10 that is monitored regularly. Why no warning is generated, ever on this particular problem?

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:08 am

FLS wrote:I'm using a laptop (toshiba satellite) with a GeForce 330 M. I checked the default setting and had the same thing: it was using the "%(=&(/*&%P)_/&++%%% integrated video card instead of the Nvidia GeForce. Now, I restarted the game 3 times and it worked perfectly well!

Dear Pantsukki, You saved my day! :thumbsup: :coeurs: :hat:

Seems that we have the same laptop (or at least very similar ones). Great that I was able to help you, enjoy the game!

Return to “AJE Technical support / Aide technique”