allan_boa
Colonel

Capital city

Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:16 pm

Hi ! How can I know where is the enemies capital city ? F7 indicates my capital city but I can't see the one of the other factions. Any idea ?
Thank you :-)

arsan

Re: Capital city

Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:39 pm

You should see a special icon beside the capital cities name on the map.
Like the one you can see besides Rome on this screenshot
http://www.mobygames.com/images/promo/o ... 2cbd55.jpg

Regards!

allan_boa
Colonel

Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:35 am

Thanks ! So you mean the golden pantheon beside the name ?
In fact I couldn't see it because it's not displayed when the 'military ownership' filter is active. Also, I can see Optimates capital in Dyrrachium (I'm playing marius vs sulla) but I can't see the capital city of other factions (lusitania, pirates, numidia). Or do I need new glasses ?
Regarding Pontus it has a golden logo in Sinope (northern coast of turkey) but it represents a golden crown. I suppose it could be it but why is the logo different, a crown instead of a pantheon ? (see pic below)
And nothing for numidia, lusitania, and the rest.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XaOqX ... PljF3j29Y2

arsan

Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:35 pm

I don't think minor (non playable) factions have proper capitals. Just the main factions.
Usually it's not something too important.

What you want to take note of is the objective cities you can find on the objectives page on the ledger( F10 if I recall correctly).
Usually the enemy capital is one of the big objectives, but it may be others as important.

Regards

allan_boa
Colonel

Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:49 am

It's F7.
OK so if I understand well, capital cities are not particularly important, just as any other objective city, and everything depends on the value of the objective. Makes sense ...

arsan

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:58 am

It all depends of how the scenario is designed. Usually it tries to reflect the historical situation. In some scenarios losing your capital could be just a little inconvenience. In other cases it could be nearly game over.

On the objectives screen you see what cities you should try to take or defend, and how important they are.

Beside this, the designer may have included some events triggered by losing or taking some objectives. Many times these are "surprise" events you only discover by playing ;)

Durk

Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:19 am

Yes, totally agree with arsan, it is scenario dependent. However, if you lose your capital and no other city becomes your new capital, you might lose some game options. This is the only situation where you may want to dedicate a force to retaking your capital.

allan_boa
Colonel

Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:06 am

OK, makes sense and it sounds good. So far, as I can judge, the game is very well designed.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”