allan_boa
Colonel

DLCs

Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:23 pm

Hi, which DLC would you recommend in priority ?
I understand that 2 of them are in fact stand alone ? (Birth of Rome and Hannibal)
Generally speaking do the DLC just bring new scenarios or are also bringing some new game mechanics ?
Is there a discount for the owners of the core game AJE ?

Thank you. :-)

arsan

Re: DLCs

Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:02 pm

It's just scenarios. No new mechanics.
But some of the scenarios are huge in scope (like second Punic war) or in length like first Punic war.
I'm sure they are on sale frequently like most steam games.
In order of preference I like Hannibal, Parthian Wars and Rise of Rome. But all are nice.

allan_boa
Colonel

Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:14 pm

Thanks mate !
I was precisely considering Hannibal :-) But might have to wait for a sale .. :-(
At the same time I started to read a fat book about ancient Rome, from the birth of the republic to the fall of the Empire. This is absolutely fascinating. Thanks AGEOD for arousing such an interest in history !

Random
AGEod Veteran

Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:45 am

I have found the Cantabrain War DLC to be a nasty business for Rome. Brutal terrain, too few troops with too many missions coupled with a potentially deadly opponent. It is cheap to buy and offers some really challenging asymmetrical warfare experience.

That said, the entire franchise is worth playing so you basically cannot lose.

-C

allan_boa
Colonel

Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:22 pm

@AGEOD team
Did you notice that on STEAM, Birth of Rome and Hannibal both indicate that :
-------
Downloadable Content
This content requires the base game Alea Jacta Est on Steam in order to play.-
-------
Which contradicts what I read on your products page which says that it's stand alone. You're probably losing sales because of this mistake.

Taillebois
General of the Army

Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:22 pm

Random wrote:I have found the Cantabrain War DLC to be a nasty business for Rome. Brutal terrain, too few troops with too many missions coupled with a potentially deadly opponent. It is cheap to buy and offers some really challenging asymmetrical warfare experience.

That said, the entire franchise is worth playing so you basically cannot lose.

-C

I was driving round north Spain a few weeks ago and happened across Numantia (near Soria) where resistance to Rome finally collapsed in a mass suicide. "Defensa Numantina" is still a phrase in Spanish, I gather. Where's Leibst - he should know this stuff? :)

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”