allan_boa
Colonel

Type of units

Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:57 am

Hi, I'm totally new at AJE and I am ignorant about ancient Roman history.
Is there a way to know what type of unit does what ? For example, I trained quite a lot of "praesidium" whithout knowing what thet are for. And later, when trying to move them to join an army I noticed that they are not really mobile (would take 200 days to move them a couple of provinces away). So after looking in the manual, and searching the word, I noticed that praesidium are in fact garrisons. How could I have know this before starting to train them ? I didn't notice any short description of the various troops to I'm a bit confused ... And such a full list of unit short description doesn't seem to appear even in the manual.
Thanks !

allan_boa
Colonel

Re: Type of units

Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:12 am

... and i have a second question: can I see somewhere the total number of men in one unit ? I can see the split of the unit in "regiments", for example 'legionary cohort' 600/600 men, but i don't see the total figure (is. the sum of all regiments within a unit).
Thanks

arsan

Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:24 am

allan_boa wrote:... and i have a second question: can I see somewhere the total number of men in one unit ? I can see the split of the unit in "regiments", for example 'legionary cohort' 600/600 men, but i don't see the total figure (is. the sum of all regiments within a unit).
Thanks

Control key shows number of men in the selected army and on each unit in it, instead of the usual power rating.

As for a list of unit types I don't think there is any, sorry.

allan_boa
Colonel

Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:12 am

Brilliant ! Thanks :-)

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”