Zardoz
Corporal

Actual city supply and province loyalty again.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:10 am

Oh dear... a couple of interesting things happening in my latest game. :bonk:

The supply available from a city is reported in the tooltip but *actual* supply is reduced if my side's loyalty in that province is low but that reduction is not reflected in the tooltip.

So for city X, tooltip supply number = 25 and province loyalty = 5% therefore real supply is << 25.

Is that a correct statement? if so, is there any guide to the amount of supply reduction per % loyalty below 100% ?

Is there anything I can do to work around this apart from lotsa supply wagons?

cheers

Tony

arsan

Re: Actual city supply and province loyalty again.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:17 pm

I think the supply tooltip info already includes any loyalty modification. It should be pretty accurate.
Maybe other friendly forces in adjacent regions are draining supply from this region?
Maybe a fleet? The consume a lot of supply!

To increase supply you can build multiple level depots in the city or in adjacent regions, or increase region development, but this last method is usually to slow and expensive except on very long scenarios.

Leaders with special abilities that reduce supply consumption are very useful in these situations.

A little tip: if you have supply problems never leave empty wagons around. They consume a lot of supply and do no good. As soon as they are empty send them to replenish somewhere.
Regards!

Zardoz
Corporal

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:23 am

I think there might be more to it. The basics of supply seem to be: multiply the tooltip value by 5 and keep the total stack consumption below that number.

But I've got a bunch of starvin' marvin Parthians telling me the numbers don't add up. :pleure:

Is it possible that terrain matters too? The desert? Something scripted especially for the Parthia campaigns?

cheers

Tony

arsan

Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:38 am

Hmmm, nothing I'm aware of...

Are you sure there is no friends nearby provinces using the same supply?

Zardoz
Corporal

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:17 pm

On page 13 of my manual, there is a discussion of how declining national morale decreases production and supply: a 5% production decline per each 10-unit decline in national morale. OK, that's clear.

Then on the next line we have the statement "NB Production is directly affected by region loyalty". Say what bro? :pouet:

I've played a few of the AJE scenarios now and I'm wondering why I've never noticed that before. Something about the state of play in the Parthian scenarios is making regional loyalty really affect my resupply.

A mystery...

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”