Straight Arrow
General

The Italian Shakes

Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:21 am

In my last two games as Carthage, in HAN, the long, 2nd Punic War scenario, I've notice that when Hannibal entered Italy "Carthaginian Loyalty" in the area of Carthage, drops from 100% to 50% and "Slaves Loyalty" jumps up to 50%.

Has anyone else seen this sudden and drastic drop of loyalty in the Carthaginian capital?

Why are the Suffets, Drm, and Ham suddenly shaking in there sandals?

Is this normal?

Bohémond

Re: The Italian Shakes

Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:48 am

It is not.

Could you post the Scriptreports files ?

Thank you

Regards

Straight Arrow
General

Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:06 am

Bohémond wrote:It is not.

Could you post the Scriptreports files ?

Most willingly.

How do I do that?

Bohémond

Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:29 pm

The ScriptReports folder is located in HAN/Scripts folder.

With the current version of the forum, forumers are not allowed to upload attachments but in specific subforum.
One of this should be Help To improve subforum .

Regards

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:56 pm

Did the loyalty loss happen all at once? Might it have happened over time?

Its been a while but I seem to recall that Suffete Hano II Magnus, the leader in Carthage has the 'unforgiving' trait which lowers loyalty by 5% per turn.

I remember spending some time trying to devise a way to unlock Suffete Hano II Magnus. I think I used the decisions to trash loyalty in Carthage until a slave revolt happened. The ensuing combat unlocks the leader and lets you send him out of Carthage.

Straight Arrow
General

Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:06 am

Cardinal Ape wrote:Did the loyalty loss happen all at once? Might it have happened over time?

Its been a while but I seem to recall that Suffete Hano II Magnus, the leader in Carthage has the 'unforgiving' trait which lowers loyalty by 5% per turn.

I remember spending some time trying to devise a way to unlock Suffete Hano II Magnus. I think I used the decisions to trash loyalty in Carthage until a slave revolt happened. The ensuing combat unlocks the leader and lets you send him out of Carthage.

That is it!

You are right on the money Cardinal Ape; Suffete, Judge, Hanno II Magnus and his unforgiving trait is the problem.

I tested this a number of times, and it does happens over time. By May/June 218, right when Hannibal descends into Italy, Carthage's loyalty hits the low 50s and bounces around in that range for the rest of the game.

This is unacceptable and unhistorical. Carthage's system of government was praised by Aristotle. Let us do what the Carthaginians would have done. To the cross with Hano, crucify him!

Alas, the game does not allow this Carthaginian practice for failed admirals and generals.

I hate the idea of trashing my capital to get rid of a terrible leader, but if that's the only way.....

Can this problem be changed with a patch?

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:44 am

The forces in the capital may unlock if Rome lands an invasion force in the surrounding area.

It would be easy to change. Removing or replacing the unforgiving trait would fix it. Should be able to find a suitable replacement from the 200+ list this game has, some I've never seen. Stressed, megalomaniac, bull headed, or aristocratic morale might work. Though, for my own humor I would like to see an unqualified pompous druid in play..

I'm not sure about other AJE scenarios, but in Hannibal, traits that affect loyalty are a pretty big deal. Much more so than others ageod games. In Hannibal, regions that have 50% loyalty make no yearly income. Both the capitals start out at 100% loyalty and they both make 50 money. Each point of loyalty lost will lose one money. Hence, 10 turns into the second punic war Carthage makes no money. I doubt that is intended.

Hister
Private

Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:54 pm

Devs, is this intended or not? if not how can I fix it?

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”