Straight Arrow
General

Chained Ranks

Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:35 am

I know the Sasanians at times chained levy spearmen to keep them from running away in battle, but I keep finding my Carthaginian army locked for a turn after fighting or resting in a town.

The above is happening in a HAN, 2nd Punic war game I'm been playing with Athena. So far, it has occurred 6 times in the first 3 game years; fours times after a battle and 2 for unknown reasons while resting in a city, maybe snow in winter?

When chained in place, each unit in the stack shows a lock symbol; a mouse over says the unit is locked for 1 turn, but the units sometimes remain frozen for longer.

Any idea what's up?

PhilThib

Re: Chained Ranks

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:16 am

Most likely an event...check if anything is reported in the message log :indien:

Straight Arrow
General

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:28 pm

PhilThib wrote:Most likely an event...check if anything is reported in the message log :indien:

No events in the message log.

Are units locked on the turn they receive replacement elements?

Straight Arrow
General

Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:42 pm

:sherlock: Problem solved.

Thanks to Armchair General who gave an answer to a CW2 question much like mine:

"It sounds like you have your Activation Rules at one of the settings that allow a chance that your stack becomes fixed-in-place if your commander fails his Activation Roll. (Good for you!) When a general rolls inactive under these settings, he is forced to make a second Activation check: if he fails a second time his entire stack is fixed in place for the turn (he gets a red stripe on his portrait that turn)."

phoenix
Captain

Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:22 am

I was about to suggest that - in fact I think ArmChair general was replying to me, so I too learned it from him.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”