Straight Arrow
General

The Road Goes Ever On and On

Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:33 pm

Finished a BOR game as Rome against Athena by taking all the objective cities, but the victory screen never came up. I ran several turns past to make sure, but the game just kept on going.

The scenario was the 3rd Samnite War- 298 BC, using version 1.05.

By the way, unlike in the 1st Punic war scenario, the Roman consuls were often inactive.

Canon
Lieutenant

Re: The Road Goes Ever On and On

Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:13 am

Did your National Morale not rise to a high enough level? Sometimes you can take all objectives, but the math just doesn't add up because of battles or events.

Yes, it appears that the Consul activation problems are only occurring in Punic War scenarios (1st and 2nd), and I think the cause is the designation of the consuls (general/admirals in Punic Wars, just generals in all other scenarios), but changing the model files hasn't fixed the problem.

Straight Arrow
General

Re: The Road Goes Ever On and On

Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:20 am

Canon wrote:Did your National Morale not rise to a high enough level?

Humm, I think my NM was only 107 or so.

I did not realize that taking and controlling all objectives was not enough to win the game. This may explain why sometimes I failed to see the victory screen in a number of other Ageod titles. ie CW 2 and ECW.

Thanks.

Edit I ran the game until 289 BC and a victory screen did show; my NM was at 123, not 107.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”