thebull0425
Corporal

Caesar vs. Pompey PBEM

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:38 am

So check this for battle results. I sortie out of Tarentum, 70,000 strong, legions , some praesidium, minimal. My opponent has 50,000 men. I am playing Pompey faction, my friend is playing Caesar. This battle was not Pompey vs Casesar, but subordinates.

Battle result: my 70,000 are destroyed, like wiped out.

Now, what the heck is up with this battle result? Why, oh why does it seem these Ageod games always throw up some seriously ridiculous results.

Not the first game, or the first time results like this have occurred

Durk

Re: Caesar vs. Pompey PBEM

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:16 am

Usually I have only myself to blame with this kind of outcome. I am in the wrong combat stance, I have a locked unit. I am sortieing from inside a fort. Sometimes no place to retreat, often this. When you sortie, you are at extreme penalty, no defensive terrain, mandatory offensive stance, your opponent does benefit from terrain.
I have seen some radical results too, but invariably I find a cause, and usually it is me, sometimes it is my clever opponent.
It might be interesting to review this battle. That is, you and your opponent save this turn. Then when you are looking for jollies and grins, replay. Remember all combat results are very open to probability tables. This might have been more on the fluke side.

Emx77

Re: Caesar vs. Pompey PBEM

Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:45 pm

thebull0425 wrote:
Now, what the heck is up with this battle result?

This discussion should shed some light on your question:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=26392

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”