PAOS
Civilian

question about sieges and supplies

Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:50 pm

i was reading the forum but i couldn't quite understand fully what i am about to ask

if i am sieging an enemy city,how do i most successfully supply my own troops, specially if they are very big army

also does a depot gives a boost to supplies to the adjacent region in which the siege is happening,since depots cannot be made in regions in which there is enemy city or fort i believe

MishaTX
Conscript

Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:26 am

Use lots of impedimentae. If necessary, have some going back and forth between your besieging army and a nearby province with high supply level to "refill".

Durk

Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:01 am

Adjacent regions really do not help in a siege as the game assumes you are in a hostile region.

But yes, as MishaTX says, have several supply wagons taking turns going to a friendly city for supply while others remain with the Siege.

arsan

Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:08 am

I have to disagree with Durk.
Depots or friendly cities in regions adjacent to a siege definetely helps giving supply to the besieger.
If you dont have any or they dont provide enough supply you will have to send wagons back to a friendly supply source to replenish and then back to the besieging army.
The same can be done with fleets blocking a harbour but using transports instead of wagons.

Regards

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”