grafstefan
Civilian

Disappearing impedimenta

Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:42 pm

I'm currently having a grand time thrashing Caesar in the Pompey vs Caesar scenario. But a curious thing keeps happening and I can't figure out why or how to prevent it. My impedimenta, of which I have a limited supply to begin with, keep disappearing, seemingly at random. Sometimes, or several turns later, they become available to repurchase.

Is this normal, and what is the cause?

Thanks in advance!
- Graf

Franciscus

Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:55 pm

grafstefan wrote:I'm currently having a grand time thrashing Caesar in the Pompey vs Caesar scenario. But a curious thing keeps happening and I can't figure out why or how to prevent it. My impedimenta, of which I have a limited supply to begin with, keep disappearing, seemingly at random. Sometimes, or several turns later, they become available to repurchase.

Is this normal, and what is the cause?

Thanks in advance!
- Graf

IIRC, impedimenta will only "disappear" if you use them to build depots, disband them or if they are captured by your enemy in battle...
Certain events can also "switch" some of your units to the enemy, but that is probably not the case ?

If this does not explain what you are seeing,please post a saved game with the issue... But I am on vacation and will only be able to check this next week...

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

grafstefan
Civilian

Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:00 pm

Thank you, Franciscus. You've answered my question. I've been merrily building depots, and didn't realize doing so consumed impedimenta.

Cheers, and enjoy your vacation!
- Graf

Sruba
Private

Fri May 13, 2016 11:01 am

Hi,

I have a question which might be posted here in this thread.
How many impedimenta is avaiable per scenario ? I guess this number is fixed per the one we start with + we can recruit ?
How long does it take, after we use a wagon to build depot to be avaiable again for recruitment ?
If we will lose impedimenta in combat, will we be able to recruit it again ?
Also for the winning side, this supply wagon is just the extra one they have above their limit, and if they would build a depot from it, it won't be avaible for repurchase ?

Random
AGEod Veteran

Fri May 13, 2016 8:32 pm

How many impedimenta is avaiable per scenario ? I guess this number is fixed per the one we start with + we can recruit ?

The number varies by scenario and force pools are adjustable in the Game Options. I believe that this also applies to impedimenta.
How long does it take, after we use a wagon to build depot to be avaiable again for recruitment ?

In my experience, next turn.
If we will lose impedimenta in combat, will we be able to recruit it again ?

You should, except see below.
Also for the winning side, this supply wagon is just the extra one they have above their limit, and if they would build a depot from it, it won't be avaible for repurchase ?

Pretty certain that captured impedimenta do not increase the allowable number. Therefore if you're at the maximum allowed and capture two, you need to lose or expend three before you can purchase a new one in the Build mode.

-C

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”