Mathieas
Civilian

Question about Elements and Units

Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:52 am

Hey all,

New player here :) . I had a quick question. When a unit loses complete elements is there anyway to see what/how many elements are missing? I had a roman legion lose what appeared to be 3 elements but I only had another legion to look at to be sure. Is it possible modify units to contain different elements?

thanks so much!

Mathieas

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:37 am

I know of nothing that lists what elements are present in any full-strength unit. Given the tremendous variety of units present during the several-hundred years of the AJE franchise, this probably makes some sense. Legions change greatly over time and that Republic legions can differ significantly to Empire legions in the elements that they are comprised of; comparing a reduced legion with one that's intact is probably the best option.

Elements are fixed for units, you cannot cut and paste the elements that make up units to taste. This is pretty much the case across the board in the AGEOD system with some exceptions like Revolution Under Siege where you can build divisions from component elements.

-C

arsan

Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:00 am

There is a trick to know what are the max elements a unit can contain that is useful to see what's missing on a unit.
First select the unit you want to know about on the unit panel. Then control+left click on another unit on the same stack to select both.
And finally put the mouse over the + special order button (the one used to merge leaders with units)

A tooltip will tell you that you cannot merge the two previously selected units and detail the max number and type of elements they can contain.

Regarding your second cuestion, no you can't modify whats on a unit in game.
But if you get into modding i bet you can do that and much ;)

Regards!

grafstefan
Civilian

Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:11 pm

I have a question about reconstituting legions in the Caesar vs Pompey scenario, and after searching thought I'd post my question in this thread, as it already contained good and relevant information.

I am playing Pompey in AJE version 1.05, and I have just lost Hispania at turn 17. Three legions were roaming around in southern Gaul, and I seem to have retained those; they will head for the Po valley. One Hispanic legion was destroyed earlier. Three legions under Marcus Octavius however were in Hispania when it turned, and I was surprised to find them show up in Africa with the generals and their legatus (er, legatii). The line cohorts were all gone.

Is there any way to rebuild these legions? I've had replacements available and the legions at passive ROE for a turn now, but they don't seem to be rebuilding. Should I just be patient, or should I go ahead and disband these legions? Which would be a shame, as they hadn't lost any of the battles they were in, and so should not lose their honours or existence...

Thanks in advance for any help!

- Graf Stefan

Franciscus

Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:41 am

Hi, grafstefan.

Hispania Pompeian legions are made up of regular roman heavy infantry elements (mdl_ROM_HvyInf1), so as long as you have replacements available, they should replenish, slowly...

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Durk

Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:53 am

Yes, welcome grafstefan - Also, remember to be in supply, which means in a city with more supply than the elements of your force, with a wagon is a bonus.

grafstefan
Civilian

Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:12 pm

Thank you for the quick reply! I think supply may have been an issue, as I had Cato's legions there as well. That's a relief.

Cheers,
- Graf

RobertDerb
Civilian

Question about Elements and

Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:26 pm

Hi.

Just a quick question:

Can eValid drag and drop between two iframes?

Thanks

SarahT

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”