vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Possible solution for patch installatio problem

Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:38 am

To Random, and everyone else who has had trouble installing the new patch

I recently ran into a similar problem when I got a new computer and tried to reinstall all The AJE games.

What I found out is that copying and pasting the serial numbers often did not work.

But if you manually type in the serial number, it always worked.

Hope this helps.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:47 am

Thank you for the suggestion. Most of us were (or are) having issues because we bought AJE from AGEOD before it became part of the Matrix/Slitherine group and our user codes were never migrated. For many of us, proof of purchase to Tech Support resulted in a new download opportunity and new registered user codes allowing the 1.05 update to execute.

Some of us bought AGEOD games from third parties like GamersGate when it was part of Paradox and have not been provided a similar service; my PON was bought at GG and I cannot get it registered with M/S although it has what seems to be an AGEOD serial number. Should they publish a comprehensive PON update with the same requirements I will probably be in a similar boat as 'oldspec4' is with his copy of AJE. I understand, it's probably a good business decision but leaves the affected customer behind the eight ball a bit.

That said, I have nothing but praise for the M/S tech support people in the alacrity with with they sorted my AJE issue out and for Franciscus for his tireless efforts on behalf of the franchise and the community.

-C

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:44 am

You are welcome. I was in exactly the same situation, having bought AJE from Ageod before it became part of Slitherine, and I also bought PON from Gamersgate, etc. reinstalling the AJE games was very frustrating, taking hours, with copying and pasting the serial failing repeatedly for some of the games, until I tried the solution I wrote about.

I am really happy to hear that tech support was so helpful. I will hold off on trying to install the latest patch until I finish my current game of Hannibal, it is just too good to lose. But if this workaround does not work I will contact tech support, and I thank you for that good solution.

All the best, Vaalen.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”