vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Patch woes

Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:40 pm

I am having trouble knowing if I have the 1.01 Patch for Hannibal, TOR, installed.

I have tried to install it many times, in different ways, yet it always says it is version 1.00 when the game loads. Yet when I try to use the updater to download the new patch, it says I have the most current version.

And some changes definitely occurred when I last installed the patch, which did not occur the other times.

Despite this, AI Hannibal still cannot inflict a meaningful defeat on a roman consular army, not even enough to force a retreat, and other battles have ended in stalemates. He did split up his army and had mostly Gauls wit him, though his combat power was about equal.

In Short, I am able to use two consular armies to keep Hannibal bottled up in Northern Italy, which means I , as the Romans, cannot raise more troops. A rather dull game.

A most perplexing situation, yet I have an idea.

If anyone could list the " God of War" attributes Hannibal was given in the latest patch, I could compare them to the attributes he has in my game, and know for sure if the patch is installed.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vaalen

arsan

Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:02 pm

Hi!

That's strange... if the patch is correctly installed it should show the 1.01 verison on the load screen. My HAN updated to 1.01 does.

To check ingame if you really have 1.01 or are still on 1.00 maybe you could try checking this change introduced on 1.01 patch:

-"Arretium fort level reduced to 1"

Start a new SPW 219 campaign and check if Arretium is still level 2 fortress as before or level 1 as in the new patch.

Regarding Hannibal new attributes, i think is not that he has new abilities, but that the effect of his abilities has been tweaked.
The one that makes him a killer now is the tweaked Eagle Eye one, that increses his frontage, letting him deploy much more elements for battle on any terrain.

Regards

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:26 pm

Thank you Arsan. Arretium is still a level 2 fort, so I do not have the patch.

I suppose the best thing to do would be to uninstall Hannibal, reinstall, then download the patch and try to install it again.

If I just let the Hannibal installation proceed with the default location, which would be in my C drive, could you give me the correct installation path for the patch?

I normally would not ask for this, but trying to get this patch installed has been very unsuccessful.

thanks,

Vaalen

arsan

Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:01 pm

If i recall correctly, you have to point the patch to the main game folder, not the subfolder with the game acronym that contains all the subfolders and most of the game files

In my computer, the correct location would be:

C:\Games\Hannibal Terror of Rome

not to

C:\Games\Hannibal Terror of Rome\HAN

Hope it helps!

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:04 pm

Thank you, Arsan, it worked.

But I also discovered an error of mine which really caused the problem. After installing the game, I patched it immediately.
What I should have done, after installation, was to start the game WITHOUT patching.

Starting the game for the first time brings up the Ageod configurator, which asks for the serial number once again. After entering the serial number in the space provided, you can get out of the game, download the patch through the update function, and install it. I did this, and it gave me the correct install path and installed perfectly, with the version number showing as 1.01 when I started the game.

Now I can finally enjoy the game at its current level of greatness!

arsan

Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:08 pm

Glad to hear it worked! :)
Beware of Hannibal now!! ;)

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”