Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Hannibal - Corrupting the Celtiberians

Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:06 am

I am in the process of creating an event list for Second Punic War and I am having trouble with the Carthage option to corrupt the Celtiberians. I can not get this option to show up. Is it a valid option? Perhaps it was removed for balance?

The option lists the requirements as needing five or more units with the CRP faction to be in the Hispania area. I have tried multiple methods to meet the requirements. With or without Rome signing an alliance with them or waiting for the Celtiberians to attack in 214. Nothing seems to work, the option won't show.

Has anyone seen this option and know what it needs to work? Thanks.

Franciscus

Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi

This option was not removed, but I think I found why it does not show...

The script searches for elements with the faction tag CRP, but there are never such elements...The CRP units that Rome can build when she allies with Celtiberians are in fact composed of IBR elements... :bonk:

This is indeed a bug; At the moment I am not able to think of a way to make it work as intended, because there are other IBR roman units...so this may not be fixed ever...
Anyhow, this is not a major problem. This option simply will never appear for the Carthaginian player (it never has, in fact) and I think no serious gameplay imbalance arises from it...

(PS: I will be on vacation next couple of weeks, and although I will be visiting the forum now and then, I will not be able to check game issues)

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CatoTheYounger
Sergeant

Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:36 pm

This game is outstanding. I am a history buff especially in the Ancient Roman period. 2nd Punic War has been my favorite. In my current campaign as Cathage, I used Hannibals wisdom of getting in and out of Cisalpine Gaul Quickly. Despite the risk of running out of supplies, I was able to slip down the eastern corridor of Italy and make it to central Italy with all it's level one forts I can bypass. Once this happens and Tarrenton Joins, you have a level 3 fort with huge depot and a nice port.

What impressed me is that after I diligently hounded the two Roman Consular Armies and trapped one at the boot of Bruttium, I forced them into a desperate attempt to break out. Their army was annihilated, first from battle casualties and then from out of supply attrition. After this, midway through 216, The Samnites, Bruttians and Lucanians all pledged allegiance to Carthage simultaneously. Capua was captured having no Port to support it and all of Souther Italy accept Croton, Neapolis and Bruttium were purple and under my control. But just when it seemed like Rome was completely collapsing they has a massive investment in the south. The dictators army and the master of Horse Army forcing me to divide my army and fend them all off. Just when I thought I was learning how to control an area, move and cut off fresh enemies, they brought my progress to a halt. Years later I am bogged down trying to move forward. AI is quite good and the scenario is rich in historical flavor. Thank you for this masterpiece boardgame/history simulation. I will be buying many other Ageod productions but this one has endless replay value.

Thanks again.

Franciscus

Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:30 pm

Many thanks for your kind words.

I am very happy you are enjoying this game.

Best regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:38 am

Thanks Franciscus.

Balance wise it may be better left unfixed. Though it is a pretty cool event, adding even more treachery to a treachery ridden war.

PhilThib

Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:34 pm

CatoTheYounger wrote:This game is outstanding. I am a history buff especially in the Ancient Roman period. 2nd Punic War has been my favorite. In my current campaign as Cathage, I used Hannibals wisdom of getting in and out of Cisalpine Gaul Quickly. Despite the risk of running out of supplies, I was able to slip down the eastern corridor of Italy and make it to central Italy with all it's level one forts I can bypass. Once this happens and Tarrenton Joins, you have a level 3 fort with huge depot and a nice port.

What impressed me is that after I diligently hounded the two Roman Consular Armies and trapped one at the boot of Bruttium, I forced them into a desperate attempt to break out. Their army was annihilated, first from battle casualties and then from out of supply attrition. After this, midway through 216, The Samnites, Bruttians and Lucanians all pledged allegiance to Carthage simultaneously. Capua was captured having no Port to support it and all of Souther Italy accept Croton, Neapolis and Bruttium were purple and under my control. But just when it seemed like Rome was completely collapsing they has a massive investment in the south. The dictators army and the master of Horse Army forcing me to divide my army and fend them all off. Just when I thought I was learning how to control an area, move and cut off fresh enemies, they brought my progress to a halt. Years later I am bogged down trying to move forward. AI is quite good and the scenario is rich in historical flavor. Thank you for this masterpiece boardgame/history simulation. I will be buying many other Ageod productions but this one has endless replay value.

Thanks again.

This is highly appreciated by all those who helped creating this game. Thanks

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”