vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Patch Problems Help requested

Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:39 pm

Problem with patches

I recently got a new computer, after my old one died, and installed AJE, BOR, and TOR on it.

I patched AJE to 1.03, THEN 1.04. The installation programs said the installation was successful, and both patches are in the patch file when you look at the games folder.
However, when I load the game, the first screen tells me the game is version 1.03. And the only scenarios I can load are from AJE.
I installed BOR and patch 1.04 for BOR. No problem, the loading screen confirms that it is 1.04. But I can only load the scenarios from AJE and BOR, even though TOR is installed.
I installed TOR, and patched it through the updater. The installation of patch 1.01 was confirmed by the installer, and the patch shows in the patch section of the game folder.
Yet when I load the game, the first screen says I have version 1.00, not 1.01. And I can only load scenarios from TOR.
It is not at all clear that the other features of the patches that do not show up on the loading screen are working. The advanced zoom level appears to work only on BOR.
Any help you can give me will be very much appreciated. When I had the games on my old computer, none of these problems showed up.
My old computer was windows seven, the new one is windows 8.1.

Franciscus

Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:54 pm

Hi Vaalen
What you describe means you did not install correctly AJE and HAN patches. If load screens do not show the correct version number the patch IS NOT INSTALLED.
Make sure you point the installers to the correct install path.

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:35 am

Thank you,,Francisci s and Durk, for your very helpful suggestions.

After a few tries, it appears that all patches have installed successfully.

Strangely enough, TOR still states that the version is 1.00 when it loads, but all the scenarios for all three games are available for selection, and features like the increased zoom are working, so it must be installed.

Thanks again,
Vaalen

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”