Ubercat
Sergeant

Differences between BoR and ToR?

Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:30 pm

Do they both cover the 2nd Punic War? Is there much, if any, overlap? In the Slitherine store the BoR description mentions Hannibal by name but the scenario list only covers the 1st Punic War. ToR mentions the 2nd Punic War but the description seems to cover the 2nd Illyrian War. :blink:

If there's a definitive explanation of these 2 DLC/standalone somewhere for people that haven't followed AJE closely since release, I'd be grateful. :)
Numbers 31:17-18
"Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

numahr
Sergeant

Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:19 pm

You got it. BoR is mostly about the 1st Punic War as well as the last wars of unification of Italy Rome fought against the Samnites, the Greeks and the Gauls. ToR is all about Hannibal's war, albeit with various scenarios.

ToR is more epic. BoR is more about discovering less well-known conflicts; the 3rd samnite war, in my opinion, is a small jewel, like a mini-2nd punic war. Pyrrhus war may be very interesting too.

Ubercat
Sergeant

Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:01 am

Thanks! I prefer ToR as I want the 2nd Punic War. It doesn't appear to be available on Steam, though. At least a search isn't turning it up. AJE, and a list of AJE DLC isn't showing it and "Hannibal" only shows Total War: Rome 2.

I used my serial to unlock a Steam key for AJE but haven't installed, yet. Do I need to stick with my Slitherine version to do the 2PW?
Numbers 31:17-18
"Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

Franciscus

Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:46 am

Hi

HAN is not (yet) available on Steam.

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”