steelwarrior77
Colonel

A few questions

Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:42 pm

Does it make sense to develope provinces without cities? Do provinces wihout cities als create tax income?
What does loyalty exactly effect? Income? Supply flow? What else?
Thanks for the answers

Franciscus

Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:33 am

Hi

Some answers:

- in the scale of AJE scenarios development cards have not a big impact on the game overall, but can have some interesting effects (explained in their tooltips)

- The main income source are the cities (others being certain structures usually located in cities, like markets and trade ports, events and some options and decision cards)

- Re loyalty, and taken from the AGEWiki (http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Loyalty)

Effects of Civilian Loyalty

A region is considered Loyal if a player has at least a 51% Loyalty. (Granted, a Loyalty percentage of only 51% is a slim margin.) A player gains the following benefits from having a loyal region:
garrisons in Objectives are not required in order to earn Victory points,
an Increased Detection value in the region,
a gradual increase of the Military Control percentage.

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:54 am

Thanks ;-)

kongxinga
Private

Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:08 pm

Does development influence those seemingly random events such as "economic development in Africa +1 tax"? In long scenarios like Punic 1, I am not sure whether I should use EP to play development cards. I usually run a surplus, but I won't bother to play them if it turns out they effected nothing except helping development and some loyalty (i think?).

A got a couple of Punic war 1 questions to ask as well.
Is Xanthippus worth hiring? What kind of VP losses does he cause? Can he be used after killing the Romans in Africa? I defeated the Romans after they beat me 3 times and split their forces. They got defeated in detail, and then could not resupply or replace losses. I was saving up to buy Xanthippus, but then the option went away (spent my EP on Iberian and Ligurian mercs and merchant cards).

Franciscus

Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:51 am

Hi

The RGD development cards do not influence the random and (mostly) flavor development events (these are indeed random, but dependent on certain cities being controlled. For example, IIRC Thapsus must be controlled by CAR for the Africa development event to fire).
RGD cards in general have some interesting effects, but IMHO are not "essential" to win the game, specially versus the AI

As to Xanthippos: You can hire him if romans are in force in Africa (roughly two or more legions). with a cost of 10 EP you get a good leader. The option disappears if Romans are no longer in Africa. If he is in play, he can continue even if romans are defeated in Africa. For every turn he is in the game CAR loses 5 VP, but you can "dismiss" him any time, paying a cost of 10 EP.

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”