Achilles84
Conscript

The Future Of AJE?

Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:18 pm

Any future plans for this game? I'm really enjoying Hannibal right now. :cool:

bob.
General

Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:46 pm

Whenever this is asked, I can do nothing more than second the question!
I would really like some non-Roman related stuff, i.e. ancient Greece or maybe the other way around something after the fall of the Western Roman Empire.

IronDuke
Conscript

Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:52 pm

I would like the conquest of Britannia; you could have Caesar, Claudius, Carausian's Revolt & of course Boudica's revolt. There is 4 scenarios to start of with, I'm sure a history buff could come up with a couple more....

Canon
Lieutenant

Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:37 pm

I would like to see Caesar's Gallic Campaign and some of the Roman-Germania Wars. But I'm also wondering how Hobbes is coming along with his mod! Looked like it had real potential!

cwegsche
Lieutenant

Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:56 am

I would like to see a scenario covering the wars of Antonius, Octavius Caesar and Brutus/Cassius till its ending in Octavian being the first imperator of Rome!
This would be really epic, I'm also a fan of the "larger" scenarios where many sides, provinces and troops are involved, not being boxed in such small worlds not being able to move out ...

Greets Chris

numahr
Sergeant

Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:23 am

Since we are started on Christmas wish list drafting... :love:

Late antiquity offers interesting settings for large-scale wars of epic scale. A nice extension would cover the epoch-defining wars fought by Heraclius and Khosrau II. Flavius Aetius vs Attila would be very nice too.

At a smaller scale fitting into the already published extensions, I would love to play the Sertorian war.

Finally, leaving Rome totally but with the same mechanics, why not the Diadochi wars?

*** Yeah, Christmas wishlist, I know... *** :neener:

Franciscus

Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi

Interesting sugestions, no doubt ;)

But for Sertorius, you already have him as a leader of a faction on the GMW75 AJE scenario,that covers precisely (also) the Sertorian War :)

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PJJ
Captain

Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:28 pm

I really hope we'll see some new scenarios! The ancient world had many interesting conflicts and factions, and there's still so much that we haven't seen in AJE - yet! :)

VigaBrand

Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:52 pm

I wish buildings in AJE like in PoN to add some economic.
A startdate with interesting starting positions and some factions (punic wars with makedonia, egypt, and others) or a startdate with (iberian faction, italic factions, carthage, numide, egypt, makedonia and others).
Free to play with only historic startsettings and later random new generals. And you can built some buildings (wineyard, harbor,...) that adds income to you and lead to a develop/war game.
Das Bedürfnis nach Sicherheit steht jedem wagemutigen Unterfangen im Wege.

Lieber tausend Feinde als einen Idioten als Verbündeten!

The Rebell-Yell ein AACW II Einsteiger AAR

Du suchst ein deutsches AGEOD Forum, um dich zu Spielen zu verabreden, deine Strategien auszutauschen oder um andere Mitspieler zu finden?
Dann bist du hier genau richtig!

Deutsches PoN PBEM

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:02 am

Yes - a Grand Campaign please!

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:36 pm

I think (keeping it Roman), I'd like to see more late Empire civil wars, the Severus scenario is fantastic but only hints at the social, economic and military changes of the coming period

Or to extend the Parthian wars to include those between Rome and the Sassanids, and thus go into the period of the early Eastern Empire?
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Jagger2013
General of the Army

Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:36 pm

A redo of some of the smaller scenarios with 15 day or even 7 day turns and using the large Europe project map might be fun. There was almost no manuever room in some of the BOR scenarios and 30 day turns seemed too long. Map regions were just too big for the actual campaigns. With the new big Europe map and the smaller regions, might end up with some very nice operational level scenarios with 7 or 15 day turns.

BuckTurgidson
Private

Alexander The Great Era?

Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:09 pm

Jagger2013 wrote:A redo of some of the smaller scenarios with 15 day or even 7 day turns and using the large Europe project map might be fun. There was almost no manuever room in some of the BOR scenarios and 30 day turns seemed too long. Map regions were just too big for the actual campaigns. With the new big Europe map and the smaller regions, might end up with some very nice operational level scenarios with 7 or 15 day turns.

How about going backwards in time?
How would Alexander compare to Hannibal and Caesar?

Blond_Knight
Private

Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:11 pm

I'll pay for some DLC of Caesars romp through Gaul and Britain. And some action against those German barbarians! Stabby Stabby!

kongxinga
Private

Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:15 am

Can I suggest some post pax Romana dark ages battles just prior to fall of Rome? Great Invasions was one of my favourite AGEOD games <--was GI designed by Thibault, cause I just remembered it was designed by EU 1 creator.

Dulahan
Conscript

Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:22 pm

I would definitely love a Dark Ages campaign.

Likewise, there's still a lot of conflicts going on. What about Theodosius, Maximus, and Valentinian II - and the later battle of Theodosius against Eugenius? That's a pretty interesting pair of civil wars there. The Gothic Wars very interesting in their own ways.

And I very, very much second some sort of Grand Campaign in this engine, if it is possible! I imagine it would take a lot of work but it would be amazing.

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:10 pm

a Grand Campaign for early Rome and other major powers and a Barbarian Invasion Grand Campaign would be awesome too ;-)

Tarfman
Sergeant

Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:57 pm

I don't think a grand campaign is really needed. I like the tight scenarios like the Pyrhhic campaign. lots of options, fun to play, good for pbem and doesn't eat all your free time. The engine is great. Maybe release some user friendly modding tools and see what the community comes up with.

Nikephorus16
Conscript

Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:07 am

Grand campaign would be a little looney I think. That long time frame would be just a little too big for the tight ship that AGEOD likes to run when it comes to historical accuracy/plausibility. With that being said, I would LOVE a Gallic campaign! I would've thought a French company would be on top of that! So long as the Gauls are not overpowered ;)

Ech Heftag
Sergeant

Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:00 am

I'm also not so sure about the merits of a grand campaign.

But what I'd definitely support is to introduce a wider range of playable countries (the 2-3 parties per scenario is fine, but I'd love to be able to play more non-Roman factions). For example the Iranians (2nd Persian Empire), some Germanic tribes and the like. Late-Empire or Dark Ages scenarios would also be very interesting, for example a take on Justinian's bid to reclaim the western empire or a scenario focusing on the Ostrogoths and Odoacer.

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:05 am

Yeah, would love to play different factions - all these helenistic ones are very interesting - but also the northern barbarians - but please also too long campaigns - one early Rome one late Rome with many factions ;-)
Why no gallic wars - as a scenario?
And I´d like to have battle plans - so the other factions can defeat Romans also with the right army composition and tatctics - for example ambush - or the Skythians/Huns Skirmishers...and Romans do not kill every army that easy off...also a hellenistic army, that does not get flanked should be due to the spear wall a tough opponent...

Nikephorus16
Conscript

Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:26 pm

Ech Heftag wrote:I'm also not so sure about the merits of a grand campaign.

But what I'd definitely support is to introduce a wider range of playable countries (the 2-3 parties per scenario is fine, but I'd love to be able to play more non-Roman factions). For example the Iranians (2nd Persian Empire), some Germanic tribes and the like. Late-Empire or Dark Ages scenarios would also be very interesting, for example a take on Justinian's bid to reclaim the western empire or a scenario focusing on the Ostrogoths and Odoacer.

OOOOO I like that! I too want to play some more non roman factions. Are the Parthians balanced in the Parthian Wars expansion?

PJJ
Captain

Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:09 pm

The Peloponnesian War should make for a nice big scenario if you decide to expand AJE more towards the Greek world. :)

anjou
Lieutenant

Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:37 am

Heraclius please. Just too much to like about that era.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”