jimwinsor2
Lieutenant

Ager Gallicus victory conditions?

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:36 pm

When you start up the Ager Gallicus scenario and mouse over the Roman side, it tells you the following special victory conditions:

[ATTACH]21650[/ATTACH]

... which is a little vague, I've noticed.

Just what exactly is the "Gallic land of Italy"? Is it just Sena Gallica and Ariminium? Or does it also include the Boii cities (Felsina and Placentia) to the north?

And "...keeping all of Samnium and Etruria." Just for clarity, what exactly is Samnium?

And as for Etruria, one Etrurian city, Volsinii, starts the game Roman. Is all that is required is for Rome to hang on to (ie, "keep") Volsinii? Or, if Etruria enters, do all the other Etrurian cites have to be taken by Rome as well?
Attachments
AlexvsJim0a.jpg

ferrenava

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:46 am

[ATTACH]21656[/ATTACH]

They target cities, but in the entire game are neutral,
because?

[ATTACH]21657[/ATTACH]

Is there a way to go to war?
Attachments
Resultado2.jpg
Resultado.jpg

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:55 am

I have managed to get a minor victory in that campaign, but I only went to war against the gallic tribes that you automatically get into war with. Eturia, greeks and the venetics I left alone or became allied with.
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

Franciscus

Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:57 pm

ferrenava wrote:[ATTACH]21656[/ATTACH]

They target cities, but in the entire game are neutral,
because?

[ATTACH]21657[/ATTACH]

Is there a way to go to war?

That is the samnite war scenario, not ager gallicus.

In the samnite scenario, senones can become allied with the samnite by a samnite option and thus entering war (beginning in November -296, costing 50 VP and 10 EP, but cancelled if SPQ controls Faesulae, Arretium, Volaterrae and Volsinii). There is currently no SPQ option that allows to declare war to the senones (I guess for historical reasons ?)

PS: but these regions should not really be Roman objectives if not allied with the samnites - will fix for patch

Regards

bob.
General

Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:18 am

I just won a minor victory even though the Romans had taken Sena Gallica. Is this how it's supposed to be, do the Romans have to defeat the Boii as well?

Franciscus

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:29 am

It's really much simpler, although some equations factor in:
- either you Win/loose by sudden death when your NM reaches the cutoff
- or the victory is determined by VP. You had more than Rome, you win

Regards

bob.
General

Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:06 am

So territory held doesn't matter unless the Roman capture ALL my towns?

Ben
Private

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:53 am

Last time I played that scenario as the Romans it just kept ticking on after I defeated all Samnite armies and took all territory. Probably because they never called in the other tribes and those regions stayed locked but the tooltip told me I was at war with them.

Love the scenario but it could use some finetuning.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”