Laruku
General of the Army

Carthage?

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 pm

Have you seen the region where Carthage is/ should be? It's so tiny that barely can hold a unit. So, I was wondering whether in the 1st Punic War scenario, taking place mostly in Sicily and surrounding area, the map will be "zoomed up". If not, maybe the conflict would be so localized that movement could be jammed. For instance, it wouldn't be logical to have Germania or nowadays Russia in that scenario map.

yellow ribbon

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:39 pm

yes, its one of the few "town-only-regions".

you need a lot of small areas if you want to describe early development and the new founded area after the civil wars, i think. also need for many small provinces for early war far.
not sure if this was their intention, but at least for a scenario pack, it would make sense
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Agesilaus
Corporal

Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:58 pm

If they can do zoomed-up maps, then there might be hope for a Peloponnesian War scenario :D

koningtiger
Lieutenant

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:05 pm

This would be a major feature for an expansion. I hope it will be doable.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”