the_dovlets
Private

A few questions

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:04 am

Hello

I just finished playing my first campaign - The Year of the Four Emperors which I very surprisingly won as Vittellius. I think this is my first ever victory in an ageod game :D
I have some questions regarding some game aspects that I did not understand very well:

- Army movement speed through Italy. I have experienced very varying movement speeds between different armies. For instance The Germania Superior Army would take 56 days to travel from Mediolanum to Rome throughout Othonian territory whereas The Germania Inferior Army lead by Vitellius would take 234 days from Taurasia to Mediolanum through territory controlled by me. What could have created this huge differences in movement speed ? I see that Vitellius has a 25% move penalty but however this only amounts for a small part of difference. Is this because he is a drunkard ? :D

- At one point I have lost my capital Colonia Agrippina to Batavian rebels but this did not affect me too much. Also the capital has not been moved to another city until the eventual capture of Rome on the penultimate turn.

- Is it interesting to play after the completion of the campaign? In my game now there seems to be an very interesting conflict coming up with Vespasian. And also on the last turn my political options went from 6 to 14

Thanks a lot for a great game

yellow ribbon

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:00 am

if i am right, the movement comes from abilities of units and the leader:

please check

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?25924-Speed-of-movement&p=247976#post247976
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”