Grim.Reaper
Conscript

Pre Orders - Will we get a chance to get full game?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:48 pm

Hello...very excited about this game and pre-ordered. I know 3-days before release, I'll receive some kind of patch that will enable my game to be played. However, I was wondering if I would still have the opportunity to download the full version of the game after 9/22 so I can have a complete starting setup file, versus one patched. I know might not be a big difference, but just prefer to have one complete file.

yellow ribbon

Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:07 pm

Grim.Reaper wrote:Hello...very excited about this game and pre-ordered. I know 3-days before release, I'll receive some kind of patch that will enable my game to be played. However, I was wondering if I would still have the opportunity to download the full version of the game after 9/22 so I can have a complete starting setup file, versus one patched. I know might not be a big difference, but just prefer to have one complete file.

Do you know that they offer to buy "[color="#FF0000"]back-up"-dvds[/color] when you buy the game online? Small price, shiny and for exactly that purpose...
(if content would be added like further patches after release, it wouldnt make sense for them to keep a "1.00" download-able, would it)
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Grim.Reaper
Conscript

Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:44 pm

My question had nothing to do with the need to keep a backup and not sure why you felt compelled to answer in a very negative way. I just had a question that I hoped someone might know the answer without jumping all over it.

yellow ribbon

Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:02 pm

Grim.Reaper wrote:My question had nothing to do with the need to keep a backup and not sure why you felt compelled to answer in a very negative way. I just had a question that I hoped someone might know the answer without jumping all over it.

calm down, has nothing to do with being negative mate, its how they call it as company...
you expressed following information:

[color="#FFFF00"] I can have a complete starting setup file, versus one patched. I know might not be a big difference, but just prefer to have one complete file.[/color]

for exactly this purpose you can buy a backup dvd, as they call it.

it ensures:

whatever happens you can revert ALWAYS back to the files status how they come as version 1.00 (from the back up dvd) and be completely independent from any change by patch/online file.

of course meant as a BUNDLE ASIDE OF ONLINE CONTENT

************+

absolutely apart from AGEODS distribuion there are only two ways to sell online content,

- as original and everyone has to patch it manually
- already as patched version

so whatever happens, patches, change of content in the download of the online shop or just any private mod messing up files, the company offers for such purposes/problems the backup-DVD to ensure, that no one has not to get angry in a cold Sunday night, 0400h in the morning, for the online shop doesnt work with unlimited numbers of re-downloading...

otherwise everyone would have to contact them first and not being able so on weekends, holidays etc

EDIT:

[color="#0000FF"]so for uttering "lessons" and misunderstanding we just pull to "Equal"... as he writes, you have to contact to get full installer, have a nice day if you dont get them one day. then you might remember to have the DVD in the shelf, fulfilling the same purpose...

i get some soap and water for that filthy mouth and pray to any named god that i had something to do with testing the game.

otherwise you might have a problem here and there and i most certainly a large, 4 month long gap in my biological RAM...

i found soap, sponge and water... interested

read clear, open minded

PS: signature clearly states NOT PAID BY AGEOD, account over the avatar clearly states BETA TESTER in this particular project. sorry if this both information were missed from you [/color]
...not paid by AGEOD.

however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

Pocus

Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:12 pm

You can always contact us so we give you a link to the full installer, if this can sooth your concerns. :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Grim.Reaper
Conscript

Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:31 pm

Pocus wrote:You can always contact us so we give you a link to the full installer, if this can sooth your concerns. :)

Thanks Pocus, that is all I was looking to receive was whether there would be a link to the full installer after the full game was released. Really appreciate your helpful response.

Grim.Reaper
Conscript

Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:34 pm

yellow ribbon wrote:calm down, has nothing to do with being negative mate, its how they call it as company...
you expressed following information:

[color="#FFFF00"] I can have a complete starting setup file, versus one patched. I know might not be a big difference, but just prefer to have one complete file.[/color]

for exactly this purpose you can buy a backup dvd, as they call it.

it ensures:

whatever happens you can revert ALWAYS back to the files status how they come as version 1.00 (from the back up dvd) and be completely independent from any change by patch/online file.

of course meant as a BUNDLE ASIDE OF ONLINE CONTENT

************+

absolutely apart from AGEODS distribuion there are only two ways to sell online content,

- as original and everyone has to patch it manually
- already as patched version

so whatever happens, patches, change of content in the download of the online shop or just any private mod messing up files, the company offers for such purposes/problems the backup-DVD to ensure, that no one has not to get angry in a cold Sunday night, 0400h in the morning, for the online shop doesnt work with unlimited numbers of re-downloading...

otherwise everyone would have to contact them first and not being able so on weekends, holidays etc

Pocus thankfully provided me the simple and quick answer to my question. I wasn't looking for a lesson in online distribution, was simply looking to see if we would have access to a link for the full installer. If your really part of the team as your tag line indicates, not sure these kinds of responses are a great ambassador in representing the game to people who are interested in it.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”