Surtur

Redeeming Your Steam Key

Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi all,

If you have bought Alea Jacta Est from The Slitherine Group (Slitherine, Matrix Games or Ageod) directly, you will have a serial. This serial is all you need to get your Steam key. The way the system works is you register your serial and then we issue you a Steam key.

The Steam version is exactly the same as the version we sell.
To register your serials & redeem your steam keys please go here:

http://www.slitherine.com/my_page/steam_serials (This will be available as soon as the game is released on Steam)

Once you have registered a serial a button will appear to generate a Steam key. Click the button and the page will update to show your key. This page will track all the Steam keys you have redeemed.

We've tried to make it as universal as possible so it works for everyone no matter where they bought and will work for future releases. We've tested it thoroughly but as always when new software hits the wild there can be issues so if something goes wrong let us know and we'll get to fixing it ASAP.

Thanks again for your support!

Surtur
- Community Warlord -

ChuckB
Private

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:31 pm

I purchased AJE originally from AGEOD directly (I actually pre-ordered it). As I found out in the past, my original AGEOD serial number doesn't work with the Slitherine/Matrix Games system and I tried again the method described above and --not surprisingly-- I'm also not able to receive a Steam key from Slitherine as my serial number is not recognized.

Is there a way to redeem my original AGEOD serial number on Steam?

Thanks!

darzininkas
Private

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:36 pm

Hello,

I tried to redeeming steam key by registering my serrial number and received "Page not found" error.

Iwbtone
Private

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:53 pm

ChuckB wrote:I purchased AJE originally from AGEOD directly (I actually pre-ordered it). As I found out in the past, my original AGEOD serial number doesn't work with the Slitherine/Matrix Games system and I tried again the method described above and --not surprisingly-- I'm also not able to receive a Steam key from Slitherine as my serial number is not recognized.

Is there a way to redeem my original AGEOD serial number on Steam?

Thanks!

Suggest you send a email to the support of Slitherine/ Matrix Games , along with your cd key and order info if you can find it, the support will manually add your key into your account, then you can redeem the steam.
Good news their reply is very efficient and quick. A bad news is preorder's bonus Sparatcus 73BC won't give you steam key, but we still can just straightly put dlc file into the steam's AJE folder to play as usual.

I also preordered the game on old Ageod WebStore, same issue like you , solved by this way. Maybe they will fix this iafter some time, but for now if you want to get your steam copy at once, just contact the support :)

ChuckB
Private

Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:06 pm

Iwbtone wrote:Suggest you send a email to the support of Slitherine/ Matrix Games , along with your cd key and order info if you can find it, the support will manually add your key into your account, then you can redeem the steam.
Good news their reply is very efficient and quick. A bad news is preorder's bonus Sparatcus 73BC won't give you steam key, but we still can just straightly put dlc file into the steam's AJE folder to play as usual.

I also preordered the game on old Ageod WebStore, same issue like you , solved by this way. Maybe they will fix this iafter some time, but for now if you want to get your steam copy at once, just contact the support :)

Thanks for your reply - I actually tried to get a new Matrix Games serial for AJE a while ago and received a negative response. I'll probably try again.

Soulstrider
Major

Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:26 pm

I pre-ordered AJE before it came out and it came with the Spartacus campaign for free therefore I don't have the Spartacus key since they came together, how do I solve this?

Pocus

Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:53 am

If you have a problem with an Ageod key not registering, please contact Slitherine support.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Maecenas
Private

Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:21 pm

I bought Cantabrian Wars months ago at the "old" Ageod-store. There I didn't got a serial (did I miss it?) just a download exe. Can I redeem a steam key for this?
„Machen Sie sich frei von Kleinarbeit. Dazu halten Sie sich einige wenige kluge Leute. Lassen Sie sich aber viel Zeit, sich Gedanken zu machen und sich vor sich selbst ganz klar zu werden. Sorgen Sie dafür, dass Ihre Gedanken ausgeführt werden. Nur so können Sie richtig führen.“ - Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

Pocus

Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:39 am

Yes, as long as there is any proof of purchase, you can ask the Slitherine Helpdesk to help you. Get back to me in case of trouble (by PM)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

cmurphy625
Private

Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:55 pm

Can you also request Steam Keys if you purchased from GamersGate? Me and another player are doing a PBEM against someone on Steam, and they seem to have the Census page where we do not.

I bought Pon and expansions and Alea Jact Est from GG...

I bought Civil War 2 and End all Wars from Matrix, so have that on Steam, but would like to have the others on my Steam account as well.

Pocus

Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:43 am

You should contact the Helpdesk here: support@slitherine.co.uk

cmurphy625
Private

Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:31 pm

Thanks, sent them an email today, with the SN#s of my two games.. the DLCs for PON didn't seem to have SN#s, can they just be installed in Steam directory?

Pocus

Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:41 am

yes this would work.

cmurphy625
Private

Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:27 pm

I provided my Serial Numbers and then my Order Numbers, but they refused to give me a key, because I did not buy directly from them or AGEOD.

Franciscus

Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:15 pm

Hi

I am sorry to hear that, but unfortunately it's not on my hands...

But you can (and should) apply the official 1.04 AJE Patch on your Gamersgate game instalation. The current Steam version should be exactly equal.

Nevertheless I am not aware of any ledger panel bug as you describe. If some issue persists, please post a screenshot.

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cmurphy625
Private

Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:30 pm

The issue was with PON the 'ledger' bug... I only posted on this thread because I was searching on AGEOD and Steam key.. I do own both games though along with End All Wars, Civil War 1 & 2.. have always been an AGEOD fan.

cmurphy625
Private

Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Weird thing is the mail from Slitherine said they don't support Paradox games.. I thought you guys left Paradox before AJE came out? Or I should say, they state d Paradox sold games on GamersGate, and they can't provide keys for them.

Pocus

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:23 am

Even if it is using the AGE engine, AJE has been sold on various outlets, as the game has not been made internally but by modders. So you could buy it from GG or even Amazon I believe. This was some time ago though.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”