lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:55 am

Voted, haven't purchased the game yet but I will soon.

PhilThib

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:38 am

Funny, they don't show votes and approval anymore...or is it just me?? :blink:

cwegsche
Lieutenant

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:16 am

PhilThib wrote:Funny, they don't show votes and approval anymore...or is it just me?? :blink:

No for me it's the same ... also strange as already one posted that "This game has attained 0% of necessary positive ratings so far " ... don't how much is necessary there ...

DaiMonPaul
Private

Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:50 pm

cwegsche wrote:No for me it's the same ... also strange as already one posted that "This game has attained 0% of necessary positive ratings so far " ... don't how much is necessary there ...

I don't think they know how much is necessary, either. The Steam guys have said that the first couple of weeks for Greenlight would be very much trial and error, as they weren't sure how many people would be voting, and so on. In fact, they just implemented a $100 donation requirement to get a game posted on Greenlight (only for new listings), as too many people were abusing the system by posting games they didn't make.

PhilThib

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Thanks all. Please all new buyers and members, do vote on greenlight :love:

We have 46% approval rating now, over 12,000 views, and 436 favorable votes. The important thing for us is not really to be "selected" by Steam (although we would appreciate that :D ) but to have a maximum of people view and speak about this game. This is a marketing tool of quality, so the more we have, the better for AGEOD.

Please spread the good words :cool:

parasxos
Conscript

Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:21 pm

voted hope you make it ageod and win the war against the pc gaming consolisation scheme ;)

Addams
Conscript

Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:29 pm

Hope you make it guys, Steam is a really great way to promote this game.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:22 am

parasxos wrote:voted hope you make it ageod and win the war against the pc gaming consolisation scheme ;)

Steam is already a consolisation of pc, as it makes the pc more like a macintosh.
The PC had win the war as computer for gamers people for it was more free than mac the locked, but Steam is adding its drm-lock to the pc games, although it's even not an OS.. Steam is removing the advantage of pc from macintosh.
DRMs follow the pc gaming consolisation scheme, hardware way (the need of the Gabbe server).

Kensai

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:41 am

PhilThib wrote:Thanks all. Please all new buyers and members, do vote on greenlight :love:

Done! :)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

parasxos
Conscript

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:47 pm

ERISS wrote:Steam is already a consolisation of pc, as it makes the pc more like a macintosh.
The PC had win the war as computer for gamers people for it was more free than mac the locked, but Steam is adding its drm-lock to the pc games, although it's even not an OS.. Steam is removing the advantage of pc from macintosh.
DRMs follow the pc gaming consolisation scheme, hardware way (the need of the Gabbe server).

Your point is true, my point is the consolisation of pc as matters the gaming genres, ageod can promote the alternative genre that doesnt require a gamepad as essential (ala press A button to win) ....

wijse

Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:43 pm

What is the status with the approval rating now?
Also known as wis on the paradox forums.

PhilThib

Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:08 pm

46% on the way to approval...449 votes....we need another 500+ votes :neener:

Basmach
Conscript

Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:28 pm

we need another 500+ votes

Will we make it?

Henri
Conscript

Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:44 pm

I voted for it, but AJE is also being sold on Matrixgames, and I don't know of any games that are available on both sites. I have dozens of games from Steam and Matrixgames, as well as a few from other sites like Gamersgate and Gamestop, so I am not against any site. I have a slight preference for Steam, because one may uninstall and install the games as often as one wants without finding passwords, and the list of games I have bought are right on the screen whether or not they are installed. Matrix and other sites are fairly open about re-installing, but one has to jump through a few hoops if one has lost the registration information. And sometimes I am not sure where I bought an old game, or even if I bought it online, and there is no way with Matrix to see the list of games I bought before they changed the purchase system a couple of years ago. I haen't bought it yet (but have the demo), so if I buy soon it will probably have to be from Matrixgames because it may be some time before it appears on Steam (if it ever does)..

Henri

leftguard
Corporal

Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:03 pm

Voted and commented - fingers crossed! I'm still an Ageod beginner, but like what I see so far, and the thought of an ancient Rome era game is just superb. I'm pencilling in for purchase once I get to grips with RoP and PoN :)

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:35 am

Henri wrote: I have a slight preference for Steam, because one may uninstall and install the games as often as one wants without finding passwords, and the list of games I have bought are right on the screen whether or not they are installed.
Matrix and other sites are fairly open about re-installing, but one has to jump through a few hoops if one has lost the registration information. And sometimes I am not sure where I bought an old game, or even if I bought it online, and there is no way with Matrix to see the list of games I bought before they changed the purchase system a couple of years ago.

Be organized with a good external HD and don't buy DRMed games. On this HD make a folder for each game you buy, write on a txt file from what company and what is its registration code, save the install file and patch and mods etc. Without DRM, that's very easy AND free (you don't need anymore internet to install and play).
When there's a storm, remove the external HD... When holydays you can take the HD and install the games on any computer you want even when in a country without internet (remember before to keep back your saves at home): just beware about this HD.. (make it simple, not attractive)
You can even copy the registration txt files on a key (staying home, never loose it), so if you lose the HD, you still have what to DL again your games.
Freedom and responsability.

Speedy
Conscript

Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:56 am

Voted, so how do you tell how many votes it needs?

dGSe
Corporal

Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:39 pm

Je soutiens et j'ai voté même si j'ai déjà le titre :)
Bonne chance à l'équipe Ageod pour obtenir le reste des voix requises

wijse

Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Any news on AJE being greenlight?
Also known as wis on the paradox forums.

Redsco
Private

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:06 pm

A Voté ;)

Bonne continuation AGEOD...
« La garde meurt mais ne se rend pas ! »

Pierre Cambronne

:grr:

Exsecratus Sicarius
Conscript

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:34 pm

Voted and commented.

I reinstalled Steam just to do so. :)

By the way, I will be ordering my copy of AJE in about a week. The proconsul version of course.

Arnaud_Bouis
Sergeant

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:28 am

Boomer wrote:I'm all for options, so if Steam helps you guys get more exposure (and sales) then great.

But, I'm not a fan of Steam at all, and I hope you guys continue to offer products independent of Digital content networks. Choosing Steam is fine, having major publishers putting out games ONLY on Steam drives me nuts. Bottle-necking industries is never a good idea.

I agree. I personally will be very reluctant to buy on Steam. One of the reasons being that you cannot sell a game that you have bought on Steam. They are killing the used-games market. I want to be able to sell something I own.
Secondly, I want to keep my games on a physical, independent support. What if Steam goes bankrupt, is sold, or decides to change its policies ? I want to be able to own and install my games without depending on a corporation, and without an internet connection.

Now, if STEAM sells me the complete install package + serial, and doesn't require an internet connection to install them, then ok, I'll buy on STEAM.

Having said this, AJE looks like another great game by AGEOD. I love being able to play several games with the same engine, without having to learn a new interface. Congratulations to the two Stéphanes and the two Philippes.

Arnaud_Bouis
Sergeant

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:39 pm

When you buy an AGEOD game on STEAM (like Rise of Prussia), do they link your serial number to a STEAM account (thereby forcing you to have an internet access when re-installing) ?

Castrai
Conscript

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:09 pm

Oh man, I almost missed it. Greenligthed :D

Castrai
Conscript

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:35 pm

So any news from Steam? How many votes to go?

MarsRobert

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:09 am

Agesilaus wrote:Okay, I left a positive comment and vote. Now, as payment, I expect AGEOD to produce a game based on Ancient Greece.

Well-said man. Would love to see an AGEOD game covering the Peloponessian War. That would be so cool. I would be willing to pay a lot for that one.

Yes AGEOD, I voted for AJE on Greenlight. I definitely want to give you guys as much incentive as possible to do more AJE scenarios. :)
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato

PhilThib

Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:22 am

AJE team is small, but hard working, and we should have soon the "Birth of Rome" expansion available...more scenarios are planned, and more data and research is always welcome

leftguard
Corporal

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:30 pm

Any more news as to whether AJE (and now perhaps BOR) might become available on Steam? I think they've made stats on status available to developers.

PhilThib

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:54 pm

Too little Yes votes for now:

Current rank : 45% Of the way to the top 100
Unique visitors: 20,555 In 153 days on Greenlight
'Yes' votes: 5,415
Followers : 552

Should be improved, but unfortunately not enough people voting for it :coeurs:

leftguard
Corporal

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:04 pm

Ah okay, well in that case, I think a non-Steam purchase shall be imminent - now I just have to decide which one to get.......decisions, decisions! :D

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”