billyr
Conscript

Region Flashing Red

Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:49 pm

I cannot find any mention in the manual of the meaning of flashing red regions.

Selecting the Strategic Cities button above the minimap shows my regions (Caesar) in red - but some are flashing red and I don't understand why. They are under my control and have been for some time (some for my whole game so far) and loyalty is all in my favour - sometimes (often) 100%

So - what is the meaning of the flashing red and why isn't it mentioned in the manual (and if it is - please feel free to enlighten me because I've searched on a load of criteria and none of the entried that came up mentioned anything about this flashing red region).

Fantastic game by the way. By far the best of the ones I've had. Very immersive - and this in an era that I have no idea about!

yellow ribbon

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:11 pm

you see it only in a short on screen tip, i believe:

plain colored are STRATEGIC TOWNS,

pulsating areas are OBJECTIVES

color depends on factions color. I will put your post to the area for improving the manual
...not paid by AGEOD.
however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

billyr
Conscript

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:42 pm

Thank you - someone else mentioned similar on the Matrix forums - and I noticed after that that the flashing ones mentioned Objective Towns as well as Strategic Towns

It could do with being in the manual...I was really baffled. Section 4.6 would be a nice place to mention it (where it mentions what the Strategic Cities" button shows you :-P)

stormbringer3
Sergeant

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:59 pm

IIRC, another possibility is that if a stack has bright red provinces adjacent to it, it cannot move there.

yellow ribbon

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:04 pm

stormbringer3 wrote:IIRC, another possibility is that if a stack has bright red provinces adjacent to it, it cannot move there.

yeah, thats the dark red. but if you apply the filter (key 3) you get [color="#FFD700"]a brief white message on the top of the screen,[/color] explaining the difference of the filter.

the background color is then the same than used for the military control filter/faction.

:wacko:
...not paid by AGEOD.

however, prone to throw them into disarray.

PS:

‘Everything is very simple in War, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen War . . . in War, through the influence of an infinity of petty circumstances, which cannot properly be described on paper, things disappoint us, and we fall short of the mark.‘

Clausewitz

billyr
Conscript

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:14 pm

lol - it so DOES show a message at the top - but it's gone so quick I never even saw it!

billyr
Conscript

Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:16 am

This makes sense - though I'm not sure how I'm meant to collect all these objectives! :-)

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”