charlesonmission

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Oh wow, that is awesome! I love it! I'll show this soon.

Ebbingford wrote:Don't forget that you can recruit new units by clicking on the eagle above the mini map at the bottom left hand side of the main screen. :cool:

charlesonmission

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:51 pm

Hi Searry

The "on the move" rule didn't aply here because it was the final region the force went to. You are right about the assaulter trait, so that is why they didn't assault. However, I believe they have build siege pieces now and will make a breach, and then assault. There is no need to have the assaulter trait once a breach has been made to assault, according to my understanding.

The game is getting good!

Charles

Searry wrote:You set it on Assault/feint so the general diidn't try to assault the city, to assault on the move you have to set it on assault/all out attack (or was it the assault anything feature?) if the rules haven't changed. Also the city has a fort so it's impossible unless the general has the "Assaulter" trait.

charlesonmission

Tutorial 11 - Sieges and Recruitment

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:23 pm

I'll show you how to recruit new units and we'll look at a siege.

http://youtu.be/UbIPzA7dGRU

Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:52 pm

Man, I'm gonna watch the *BLEEP* out of these videos until I can play this mutha truckin wheelin dealin son of a rootin tootin game.

Argghhh.... DRUNK and impatient. Bad combo. :wacko:

ess1
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:29 am

charlesonmission wrote:Hi there,

I've started the Youtube tutorials for Alea Jacta Est. The first one is an introduction
http://youtu.be/H5s-jLI_VX0

and the second one is on the options menu.
http://youtu.be/1ZSZPwaXj5s

Charles

Thanks very much for your efforts in showing us how to go about learning AJE.
Much appreciated by myself and, I am sure, many others.

As a mere Limey I find it difficult in understanding all of your comments :) . Perhaps I should stop watching cricket and concentrate on TV :neener:

Keep up the good work please.

charlesonmission

Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:38 pm

I can try to speak with an English accent..... :)

Charles

ess1 wrote:Thanks very much for your efforts in showing us how to go about learning AJE.
Much appreciated by myself and, I am sure, many others.

As a mere Limey I find it difficult in understanding all of your comments :) . Perhaps I should stop watching cricket and concentrate on TV :neener:

Keep up the good work please.

BodyBag
Private

Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:12 pm

charlesonmission wrote:I can try to speak with an English accent..... :)

Charles

One cannot speak English with an English accent...

Then it is no accent.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:28 pm

BodyBag wrote:One cannot speak English with an English accent...

Then it is no accent.

There is always an accent.

ess1
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:59 pm

...Its where you put it.

Sorry for starting this. I apologise.

charlesonmission

Tutorial 12 - Battle and Battle Screen

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:47 pm

We bring the Pompeians to battle and look at the battle screen.

http://youtu.be/uUDjkaH0urE

Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:41 pm

Wow, that detailed unit screen looks a bit daunting. Isn't that something new for AGEOD games? I don't remember seeing anything like that before. It's cool to be able to see how individual elements did during the battle.

Look forward to the next one, and seeing what you do with Caesar's main force back in Italy.

charlesonmission

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:27 pm

I think the detailed battle screen is a great addition. Not to complicated and provides more details on exactly what happened with individual units. I played the older games (ACW and BOA2), so I can't say for certain, but I believe it is new, yes.

Caesar's force is small..... Need to spend some NM and get some more legions going. :)

Charles

Boomer wrote:Wow, that detailed unit screen looks a bit daunting. Isn't that something new for AGEOD games? I don't remember seeing anything like that before. It's cool to be able to see how individual elements did during the battle.

Look forward to the next one, and seeing what you do with Caesar's main force back in Italy.

charlesonmission

Alea Jacta Est - Tutorial 13 - Decisions Screen (man on the bottom left)

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:24 am

We'll look at the decisions screen!

I'm going to DC tomorrow and to Antietam for the weekend. So, it might be the last tutorial for a little while. If you've like the tutorials so far, give them a thumbs up in the video screen!

http://youtu.be/akPhug72LQQ

Charles

james56
Civilian

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:26 am

Thanks Charles was just looking for my morning serve of AJE!

charlesonmission

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:00 am

And, if you are just joining us. There is a playlist of the 13 videos..... which now stands at 2 hours and 23 minutes. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL942DAFAC3BBD13E1&feature=view_all

Bohémond

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:15 am

Thank you for your great job.

Dragoon!
Sergeant

Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:27 pm

I think the detailed battle screen is a great addition. Not to complicated and provides more details on exactly what happened with individual units. I played the older games (ACW and BOA2), so I can't say for certain, but I believe it is new, yes.

It was in some of the older stuff-Rise of Prussia, Revolution under Siege, and I think NCP, too. It's a great feature.

You are right about the siege equipment being raised by the legion-It looks like the legatus (standard bearer) element creates the siege equipment. I hope it dosent get destroyed by combat often, as it's a small element.

It's been alot of fun watching the tutorials-I can't wait to play the real deal

BodyBag
Private

Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:51 pm

Dragoon! wrote:It was in some of the older stuff-Rise of Prussia, Revolution under Siege, and I think NCP, too. It's a great feature.

You are right about the siege equipment being raised by the legion-It looks like the legatus (standard bearer) element creates the siege equipment. I hope it dosent get destroyed by combat often, as it's a small element.

The detailed battle report is NOT in NCP,- I'm playing the game right now, waiting for AJE.

Damn, still 6 days to go...

dooya

Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Great tutorials!

A suggestion: Wouldn't it a good idea to post the link to AJE's steam-greenlight in the description of your tutorial videos?
No quote - No bullshit!

charlesonmission

Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:44 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I can do that..... Can you update me, did AJE become Steam approved? I'm not a previous Steam user, so a bit out of the loop.

Charles

dooya wrote:Great tutorials!

A suggestion: Wouldn't it a good idea to post the link to AJE's steam-greenlight in the description of your tutorial videos?

charlesonmission

Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:46 pm

I would assume the siege artillery goes away once the siege is over; will need to confirm though. Also...... since I doubt there will be lots of opportunities to raise a siege, I can't really see the pieces being destroyed lots.

Charles

Dragoon! wrote:It was in some of the older stuff-Rise of Prussia, Revolution under Siege, and I think NCP, too. It's a great feature.

Person of Interest

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Yes, as soon as the siege is complete or the besieging army leaves the province and lifts the siege all siege equipment is immediately removed. That is for Roman armies who only build siege equipment on the spot. Some Eastern factions build permanent siege equpment that they can haul around and use repeadedly but they slow down the army.

charlesonmission

Tutorial 14 - Targeted Offensive Action

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:23 pm

I'll show you how to do targeted land and naval offensive action. Also, we finished our first successful siege!

http://youtu.be/P_gazMSNpt4

Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:11 am

It's cool to see that Pompeian invasion next to Rome. AI naval invasions are rarely ever done properly in these kind of games. Definitely a sign that we won't be able to just abandon the rear for campaigns at the front.

charlesonmission

Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:12 am

I've been spending so much time focusing on tutorial ideas, I sort of forgot about strategy. I wonder if Pompey is about to steamroll me in Gaul? :)

Charles

Boomer wrote:It's cool to see that Pompeian invasion next to Rome. AI naval invasions are rarely ever done properly in these kind of games. Definitely a sign that we won't be able to just abandon the rear for campaigns at the front.

Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:22 am

Certainly appears so. Your campaign with Antony in southern Gaul looks to be in trouble.

That's another cool thing about the AI in AJE. When the AI Pompey splits from Rome at the start of the scenario, there's no telling whether he'll go east or west. Add the fog of war in, and you have a really big challenge as Caesar in later turns. As you've found out, that quiet time in the early stages is deceiving and everything seems to be going great until Pompey suddenly shows up knocking on Rome's door with a dozen legions.

charlesonmission

Tutorial 15 - Assault a Fort

Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:10 am

I'll show you how to assault a fort. We also had our first naval battle and another battle in Italia.

http://youtu.be/j9g3GhrqyE8

charlesonmission

Tutorial 16 - Make Money in Shipping Areas

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:36 pm

We'll look at how to make money in shipping areas.

http://youtu.be/OupU_28ymfw

Addams
Conscript

Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:30 am

Excellent videos, congrats and thanks.

I particularly found the second one, about option, to be really useful.

:thumbsup:

charlesonmission

Tutorial 17 - Replacements

Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:52 pm

I'll show you how to see if you need replacements and how to get them.

http://youtu.be/jSr4En3zUqc

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”