TPK666
Conscript

My bugfix & improvement mod.

Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:33 pm

I actually started working on it 2 years ago, and had in a lot more complete state, probably ready for public testing - in addition to bug fixing, I replaced WW1 vehicle graphics for all major countries with their own domestic-produced vehicles or al least projects, squashed more issued, added more music, reworked graphics of Russian cities, replacing those odd minaret-looking things.

But then one of my HDDs crashed, where PON was installed and all this work was lost. Now I ready to restart the project, but this time I will post it online right away - in order to avoid data losses like before, and in order for more testing. All inputs are appreciated. This is the version I made in the past few days, redoing some previous progress, which I still remember.

Known issues.
1. In the vanilla sometimes text string, description event, do not match localization file - in this case instead of in the newspaper instead of the description of the event, you will see string-like "GER_event_blabla.txt". Those are pretty numerous and time-consuming to fix. I'd like to know about such events, so I can fix them.
2. Signal squad upgrading bugfix needs additional testing. I remember having trouble getting it to work in the original version of this mod.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Bugfix & Upgrade mod.

Changelog

V.1

Bugfix.

1.Caucasus uprising bug fix. (Imam Shamil unit had no province assigned)
2.Child labor & some other Russian laws bug fix. Also fixed some polish uprising events, adding proper faction references.
3. Fixed Aigun & St. Petersburg treaties, giving proper provinces to the respective sides.
4.Fixed typo in french event file, relating to the Suez channel event chain.
5. Fixed (hopefully) some errors in the upgrade chain of 1850 signal units for some countries. They were set to upgrade not to 1870 tech, but to 1890 - thus not upgrading in 1870. I also fixed some grammatical errors in the unit card names.
6. Fixed some japanese events, which improperly called for war with non-existing Korea, changing it to China.
7.Fixed province transfer typos in the Franko-Prussian war, Austro-Prussian (in the event where Aus will win), and Italo-Austrian war (properly award France with Nice and Savoie in case they help Italy getting Venice).
8. Fix some bugs related to education laws, where triggers were copied in the wrong place.
9.Fixed typo in one of Crimean War events.

Rebalancing.
1. Now, as Japan, you can avoid Satsuma Rebellion by going to war with China in the 1870ies. It was done both to balancing (this uprising will cripple Japan if it is already warring with China) and historical reasons too. Saigo Takamori was a proponent of war with China for Korea, and denying this request was the final straw for him - so if we go forward with his proposal, there will be no one to rebel - his people fighting on the mainland, as they wished.

2.Upgraded bureaucratic rating of Austrian and Aus-Hun leadership, to properly represent Austrian bureaucracy, which had a very good reputation and was pretty effective. And to drive down the number of the uprising to more historical levels.
3. Rebalanced russian leaders to more in-line with actual historical processes in Russia. Albeit in the case of Alexander II this reflect the situation in the late part of his term, after the reforms were finished, I had trouble introducing it in the way I wished to do it. Maybe I will redo this a bit later.
4. Colonization event file contained some events, which supposed to add certain actions for some countries (vaccination, sanitation) which actually added nothing. Changed values to at least 1.

Graphical upgrades.

1. Wrapped up Austria-Hungary graphical set, which was pretty much completed by game devs, just not used. Hopefully, I did everything properly - in the previous iteration of my mod it worked.
2. Newspaper fixes - switched Jap and Chi newspapers, because in vanilla they actually mixed up.
Redid a bit Russian newspaper - previously it used a newspaper template, based on a newspaper founded in 1991, and from it's Ural's branch. I'm not skilled enough with photoshop to make a new one, 100% historically correct, but instead I fixed grammar from modern to pre-1917, and replaced idiotic line about the Ural branch, with a historically plausible line (newspaper type)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Link to download the files

https://gofile.io/?c=Sjx8ch

Bugfix V1 is the main mod file, and SoundmodV1 is the addon, aimed at increasing immersion. It's goal to add additional historically-accurate vocal compositions of the period, to increase immersion. V1 is a complete set for Japan, adding 14 new compositions from Meiji Era up to the Russo-Japanese War and replacing 3 vanilla ones, with vocal versions, found on various file-sharing sites.

Installation: unpack the archives into the game's root folder, accept to overwrite. Or open archive file and replace files individually, backing up vanilla files, in order to have the ability to quickly revert to vanilla if you want it. Also, you probably need to delete unit and model cache files in their respective folders, in order for signal squad bugfix to have an effect.
Last edited by TPK666 on Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Re: My bugfix & improvement mod.

Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:42 pm

Cool thing. Must've been a lot of work.
Now, if I only had kept track of what I fixed in my version already and what not :bonk:

TPK666
Conscript

Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:07 pm

Citizen X wrote:Cool thing. Must've been a lot of work.
Now, if I only had kept track of what I fixed in my version already and what not :bonk:

Did you encounter issues only with events or some other stuff, like unit upgrades? I think there is a lot of issues left, and some of the most annoying from them are typos in the event files, which are just time-consuming to fully troubleshoot.

Can you share your fixed files with me? I'd liked to take a look if you don't mind if I borrow some your stuff into my mod :p .

andrzej
Major

Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:26 am

Very interested in your mod. Thank you for not abandoning this good old game.
We are currently conducting a large MP campaign of PON for 15 people. And I would really like to understand what we can add to the already ongoing game and what not.

TPK666
Conscript

Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:24 pm

andrzej wrote:Very interested in your mod. Thank you for not abandoning this good old game.

Thank you. If you remember any errors in the event files, please let me know. Unfortunately, I did not take notes during the first incarnation of my mod, but I remember there was more thing to fix. I remember something some issues in Prussia/Germanic pre-1870 events, at least with localization strings.

We are currently conducting a large MP campaign of PON for 15 people. And I would really like to understand what we can add to the already ongoing game and what not.

You can download event files from my mod and compare it with vanilla files (there are even online sites which do such things) and implement what you like.

Also, I'm already preparing a V2 version, with some minor event fixes, additional music (this time for the Russian Empire). And I managed to solve a problem with adding voice files, so I already made it seems to be working speechpack for Italy, Japan and Turkey. This required quite tedious editing (albeit minor - replacing/сhanging single line) in more than 1000 unit model files, so additional testing would be welcome.

TPK666
Conscript

Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:02 pm

So, V2 is ready. First, install the V1 from the top post, then apply V2 using the same method, overwriting existing files.

Download link: https://gofile.io/?c=W7DRmG

Changelog.

V2.

1)Added one missing faction reference in
2)Changed Spanish Dominicana annexation event as advised in another thread, so they would properly annex it when the time is right.

Rebalancing.

1) San-Stefano peace agreement properly awards Russia with Kars and Batumi, which they historically acquired during the 1877-78 war with the Ottoman Empire.

Graphics enhancement:

1) Edited Japanese newspaper a bit, in order to avoid overlapping with event text.

2) Fixed blanc city sprites for some Asian cities.

3) Redid a bit East Asian city sprites, in order to replace pretty much China-specific hexagonal pagoda to look like more widespread in the region (incl. China) square pagoda.

4) Wrapped around Russia flag-change events (using files already present in graphic files), which will properly change the flag of Russia to historical ones in 1858, 1883, and in 1914.

Sound enhancement mod

1. Added over a dozen vocal compositions for Russia.

2. Added VoicemodV1 file, which adds voice lines for Japan, Italy, and Ottoman Empire units, which you can hear during battles.

andrzej
Major

Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:34 pm

Thanks again for doing this useful thing. :hat:
I dared to retype the translation of your posts on my Russian-language gaming forum - link
so that more players in our country can learn about him.

Hero989
Private

Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:08 am

@ TPK666 : Great Mod Idea. I checked your links for both versions of your Mod and there is nothing to download. :papy:

TPK666
Conscript

Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:36 pm

Hero989 wrote:@ TPK666 : Great Mod Idea. I checked your links for both versions of your Mod and there is nothing to download. :papy:

I checked from my work PC, and everything is fine. On this file-sharing site, you press the blue button with the image of an arrow pointing on HDD to download files. Here is what I see - marked the download button with red color.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (140.99 KiB) Viewed 15773 times

ProfeTis
Conscript

Wed May 06, 2020 7:57 pm

Amazing work mate! :dada: Keep it up! ;)

ProfeTis
Conscript

Sun May 10, 2020 1:57 pm

There is another truly annoying bug, almost all the Japan's Prime Ministers have their portraits messed up, here attached my fixed version, I hope works well
Attachments
Japan's PMs graphics fix.7z
(3.06 KiB) Downloaded 275 times

Palaiologos
Conscript

Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:20 pm

Well bro truly the links dont work.

iljagor1
Civilian

Fri May 28, 2021 9:01 am

Hello OP, would you be willing to post new links to your fixes?

Thank you.

TPK666
Conscript

Fri May 28, 2021 9:40 pm

Week-long link to music mod. When wrap around 3rd version (which are done, just needs files put together) upload them to more longer-living place.

https://www.filemail.com/d/bogpbwyyomgmpbv
Last edited by TPK666 on Sat May 29, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TPK666
Conscript

Fri May 28, 2021 9:51 pm

Well, bug-fixes with voicemod seem small enough to upload as forum attachments.
Attachments
VoicemodV1.rar
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 200 times
BugfixV2.rar
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 219 times
BugfixV1.rar
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 229 times

iljagor1
Civilian

Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:39 pm

TPK666 wrote:Well, bug-fixes with voicemod seem small enough to upload as forum attachments.

Thank you for sharing!

OralieKiera
Civilian

Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:39 am

TPK666 wrote:Week-long link to music mod. When wrap around 3rd version (which are done, just needs files put together) upload them to more longer-living place.

Thanks for sharing, I love the music.

Stratman
Captain

Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:57 pm

A very impressive mod! Is it possible to implement changes in events if the game is already running? I have already gone far enough in my party to start a new one.

TPK666
Conscript

Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:22 am

The game engine allows changing events "on the fly" as long as they haven't been triggered. So, yes - mod can be used on ongoing games, just events that already happened won't be changed.

Stratman
Captain

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:53 pm

TPK666 wrote:The game engine allows changing events "on the fly" as long as they haven't been triggered. So, yes - mod can be used on ongoing games, just events that already happened won't be changed.

Cool! Thank you for the answer.

Krevan
Civilian

Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:24 am

Stratman wrote:
TPK666 wrote:The game engine allows changing events "on the fly" as long as they haven't been triggered. So, yes - mod can be used on ongoing games, just events that already happened won't be changed.

Cool! Thank you for the answer.

I play for Spain. Every year I spend 500 gold on education. The level of education increases by 1%, and then, due to population growth in cities, it falls by 1% again. Is this a bug?

Stratman
Captain

Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:29 pm

[/quote]I play for Spain. Every year I spend 500 gold on education. The level of education increases by 1%, and then, due to population growth in cities, it falls by 1% again. Is this a bug?[/quote]

Hi Krevan! Glad to see you on this forum as well.
I'm not sure, but maybe without education`s investment the level was falling with population growth. Try to stop investments for one year and then look at the result.

Krevan
Civilian

Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:52 am

Stratman wrote:
I play for Spain. Every year I spend 500 gold on education. The level of education increases by 1%, and then, due to population growth in cities, it falls by 1% again. Is this a bug?[/quote]

Hi Krevan! Glad to see you on this forum as well.
I'm not sure, but maybe without education`s investment the level was falling with population growth. Try to stop investments for one year and then look at the result.[/quote]
Hi, I'm glad too) I think there is no point in refusing to invest in education. I am sure that in this case it will fall by 1%. The only question is whether it is a mistake or not. After all, I am investing in the development of education, and it is not growing.

Stratman
Captain

Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:54 pm

Krevan wrote:Hi, I'm glad too) I think there is no point in refusing to invest in education. I am sure that in this case it will fall by 1%. The only question is whether it is a mistake or not. After all, I am investing in the development of education, and it is not growing.

Ok, what about increase the investment up to 750-1000 gold and then look at the result in a year.

Krevan
Civilian

Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:38 am

Stratman wrote:
Krevan wrote:Hi, I'm glad too) I think there is no point in refusing to invest in education. I am sure that in this case it will fall by 1%. The only question is whether it is a mistake or not. After all, I am investing in the development of education, and it is not growing.

Ok, what about increase the investment up to 750-1000 gold and then look at the result in a year.

But this is impossible) a maximum of 500 gold.

Stratman
Captain

Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:05 pm

Krevan wrote:
Stratman wrote:

But this is impossible) a maximum of 500 gold.

In fact I don`t know the answer. PON - is a big black box.
I think it's sooner restrictions on Spain at the early period of the game than a bug.
I hope these investments will yield results later. But now I would stop spending money. I guess that the level of education will not fall.

PS Gents! I apologize for the offtopic

andrzej
Major

Sun May 07, 2023 11:23 pm

There is a bug in SoundModV2 - Japanese songs are specified in the Musics.ini file, which are not in the mod folder . This may cause errors.

Here you can download the corrected file Musics.ini , which must be placed in the Sounds folder
https://mega.nz/file/q3BDBaRB#-6bIBw2ZF ... J5t47o7C88

TPK666
Conscript

Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:14 pm

andrzej wrote:There is a bug in SoundModV2 - Japanese songs are specified in the Musics.ini file, which are not in the mod folder . This may cause errors.

That's because they are in SoundModV1 - like i stated these files supposed to be installed one over another to keep size in check.
If I ever wrap around music-related part which are pretty much finished by now it will be few more achives because the "sound" folder now are about 800mb - too much for a single archive.

Return to “PON Mods”