Gen. Monkey-Bear
Lieutenant Colonel

Looking for a Script to Change Region Status

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:48 pm

Hello all. I'm looking for a script to change the status of a region or area. What I mean by that is I want a region currently listed as a non-colonial region to become colonial. I can't find a similar script in the game, so I wonder if some of the more experienced modders can help me with this? Unfortunately the PON database is not updated for the current version, so I'll have to write it in directly.

Sherman
Corporal

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:36 am

I have figured out how to fix this for starting a fresh game if that is what you are looking for.

I have no idea about how to do it for a game in process.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:11 pm

Gen. Monkey-Bear wrote:Hello all. I'm looking for a script to change the status of a region or area. What I mean by that is I want a region currently listed as a non-colonial region to become colonial. I can't find a similar script in the game, so I wonder if some of the more experienced modders can help me with this? Unfortunately the PON database is not updated for the current version, so I'll have to write it in directly.

This will do you, its from the German events file and to create their colonies in E and SW Africa in the 1880s:
SelectFaction = $CMN

Actions

SelectFaction = $GER

SetColStatusArea = $Colony_SudWest_Afrika;$colProtectorate

if you don't want to make it a protectorate then make it influenced. You'll need to look in the GameData directory and the colonialareas file for the relevant geographical names. I think there are similar scripts in the Italian event files too (connected to the creation of the Italian colonies in the 1880s)

I don't think you can make an area colonial but if you wanted to do that I'd add the commands to the ColonialAreas file.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Christophe.Barot

Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:20 pm

loki100 wrote:
I don't think you can make an area colonial but if you wanted to do that I'd add the commands to the ColonialAreas file.

I'm absolutely trying to do that, in Egypt, doesn't work as Egypt is not referenced colony (no Colony_Egypt)

guess either someone can make those commands, or I'll have to tinker to basic data colonial files (guess replacing by this name and setting SOI must be possible ... especially ..) - guess the former would be cleaner, so, if you can do that, please do

many many thanks :love:
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

Return to “PON Mods”