Emre Yigit
Conscript

Question about event scope (theater) and effect on other nations

Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:19 am

My next question (I'll not make a habit of it :) ) is regarding the following event.

If, say, you are Prussia and happen to own provinces in Theater_Russia, does the following affect your provinces too, or does the game only recognise this for those provinces in Theater_Russia currently owned by Russia?

That is to say, if you (as Prussia) owned a province in Theater_Russia, would you get increased rebel loyalty as a result? If so, is there a way around it?

SelectFaction = $RUS
SelectRegion = $Petersburg
StartEvent = evt_nam_RUS_Kolokol1857|1|2|evt_txt_RUS_Kolokol1857|Event-img_RUS_Kolokol1857|$Petersburg|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1857/01/01
MaxDate = 1867/01/01
EvalEvent = evt_nam_RUS_SerfdomAbolition1861;=;0
Probability = 15

Actions
DescEvent = evt_desc_RUS_Kolokol1857
[color="#FF0000"]ChangeLoyaltyFac = $Theater_Russia;-5[/color]

SelectFaction = $REB
[color="#FF0000"]ChangeLoyaltyFac = $Theater_Russia;5[/color]

EndEvent

Leibst

Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:42 am

imo it is only an event that affect RUS and REB.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Jim-NC

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:11 pm

Emre Yigit wrote:My next question (I'll not make a habit of it :) ) is regarding the following event.

If, say, you are Prussia and happen to own provinces in Theater_Russia, does the following affect your provinces too, or does the game only recognise this for those provinces in Theater_Russia currently owned by Russia?

That is to say, if you (as Prussia) owned a province in Theater_Russia, would you get increased rebel loyalty as a result? If so, is there a way around it?

SelectFaction = $RUS
SelectRegion = $Petersburg
StartEvent = evt_nam_RUS_Kolokol1857|1|2|evt_txt_RUS_Kolokol1857|Event-img_RUS_Kolokol1857|$Petersburg|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1857/01/01
MaxDate = 1867/01/01
EvalEvent = evt_nam_RUS_SerfdomAbolition1861;=;0
Probability = 15

Actions
DescEvent = evt_desc_RUS_Kolokol1857
[color="#FF0000"]ChangeLoyaltyFac = $Theater_Russia;-5[/color]

SelectFaction = $REB
[color="#FF0000"]ChangeLoyaltyFac = $Theater_Russia;5[/color]

EndEvent

It doesn't check to see who owns the provinces, but removes 5% Russian loyalty, and adds 5% Rebel. So I would say yes, even if you as Prussia own the region, there is probably still some Russian loyalty in the region, in which case that is removed. I don't know what would happen if there was 0% Russian loyalty in the province (and remember loyalty is different from control).
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Emre Yigit
Conscript

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:24 pm

I scripted an event to see the effects and so, yes, you really don't need to control even part of the area. However, this is (IMO) not a good thing. For example, the event above refers to the abolition of serfdom, which really doesn't affect the Prussians. If borders change - and they do - this gives screwy results.

Isn't there any other trigger/condition to make certain changes apply throughout your country, wherever its provinces may be located?

PS: If there was 0% Russian loyalty in the region, the +5% to the REB faction gets balanced by a -5% distributed among the other factions in the area.

Return to “PON Mods”