Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Re: Sons of War (RUS Gold Mod)

Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:39 pm

ERISS wrote:
Zenvaro wrote:I saw many of your posts and really happy that you returned and can test and rate the mod) and to give some advices)

I'm 75% talker, 20% modder, 5% player. I almost don't test, what I say is what I read and heard of other players. i'm rather a reporter of other sayings.

We need good talkers too) why only 5% as player?

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:32 pm

Zenvaro wrote:why only 5% as player?

The game has not a good enough UI for me, not enough explained, by quantity or quality. (And there are too much CTD for me; maybe I must try again). I know it's not an easy task, as the game is very rich.
I did made the game better (some of my mini-mods or ideas were integered), but it's still not enough. I don't play, but I however like very much...
[ Don't forget to read my many other just made posts on your thread, if you didn't saw them, and I had edited some, even adding links. ]

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:21 pm

ERISS wrote:
Zenvaro wrote:why only 5% as player?

The game has not a good enough UI for me, not enough explained, by quantity or quality. (And there are too much CTD for me; maybe I must try again). I know it's not an easy task, as the game is very rich.
I did made the game better (some of my mini-mods or ideas were integered), but it's still not enough. I don't play, but I however like very much...
[ Don't forget to read my many other just made posts on your thread, if you didn't saw them, and I had edited some, even adding links. ]

I read all of you posts here)

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:17 pm

There will be a big update soon. Fixes of some errors, changes in some pics and events, new Finland army, really big changes in pool, all the technics will be able to be captured in battle (like artillery).

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:26 pm

Zenvaro wrote:all the technics will be able to be captured in battle (like artillery)

Before retreating, arty and locos were often destroyed to prevent use from enemy.
I think only in a rare sudden rout with a chain reaction all weapons were let down without care.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:38 pm

ERISS wrote:
Zenvaro wrote:all the technics will be able to be captured in battle (like artillery)

Before retreating, arty and locos were often destroyed to prevent use from enemy.
I think only in a rare sudden rout with a chain reaction all weapons were let down without care.

Yes, but in some cases they don't have time and you capture an artillery, right?) the chance to capture some another weapon is the same.

delcastel
Lieutenant

Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:33 am

Je joue votre mod en français , ça fonctionne très bien .

J'adore :coeurs: :coeurs:

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:13 pm

delcastel wrote:Je joue votre mod en français , ça fonctionne très bien .

J'adore :coeurs: :coeurs:

Une version améliorée sera bientôt disponible. Là j'ai corrigé beaucoup d'erreurs et ajouté quelques fonctionnalités intéressantes. Merci pour votre avis)

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:59 pm

I think much of your work could be the base of an official patch, maybe Andatiep would support you for this (hey mate, if you hear me!).
Gold version already started as a mod of old RUS.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:29 pm

ERISS wrote:I think much of your work could be the base of an official patch, maybe Andatiep would support you for this (hey mate, if you hear me!).
Gold version already started as a mod of old RUS.

Maybe) if he is still here. And if he think that it's good mod)

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:13 pm

New version released, please redownload.
Last edited by Zenvaro on Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:52 am

Zenvaro wrote:How to play: you have to only download, unzip and play.

I couldn't imagine it was actually this. Please make a mod without pirating the game, or giving out your serial number to everybody.
Your link is not the modification to be applied to the game, it's your modified game.
I report your link. If devs were okay, please write it.

I wondered: Why is he saying "How to play"?, and not "How to install the mod",
everybody here knows how to play RUS or a modded RUS.
So, do you share this link on other sites? If so, you should stop, and better there advert for Ageod:
RUS Gold started as a mod, but was 'finished' so some could make some livings, even to help Ageod.
Last edited by ERISS on Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:25 pm

ERISS wrote:
Zenvaro wrote:How to play: you have to only download, unzip and play.

I couldn't imagine it was actually this. Please make a mod without pirating the game.
Your link is not the modification to be applied to the game, it's your modified game.
I report your link. If devs were okay, please write it.

I wondered: Why is he saying "How to play"?, and not "How to install the mod",
everybody here knows how to play RUS or a modded RUS.
So, do you share this link on other sites? If so, you should stop, and better there advert for Ageod:
RUS Gold started as a mod, but was 'finished' so some could make some livings, even to help Ageod.

Oh, sorry, I completely forgot that we are on the Western forum and there are special rules here. Apparently, it will be fair to delete this topic in order not to violate copyrights, and the mod maybe will be available only on some Russian forums because somebody have already downloaded it.

I guess, no link - no problem.
Last edited by Zenvaro on Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:35 pm

Zenvaro wrote:there are special rules here

These are not special rules. You have the same in Russia. If a stranger goes to Russia, he has to respect russian rules.
Rules can be changed however.
Last edited by ERISS on Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:37 pm

ERISS wrote:
Zenvaro wrote:there are special rules here

These are not special rules. You have the same in Russia. If a stranger goes to Russia, he has to respect russian rules.

I fully agree and sincerely regret that I broke the rules. I really did not even think about it precisely because we actually have no such rules.

delcastel
Lieutenant

Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:46 pm

Il faut mettre votre travail dans un mod a appliquer par chacun sur son propre jeux et le problème est réglé .

Il serait dommage de décourager ce qui contribue a moder de vieux jeux .

Hero989
Private

Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:59 pm

There has to be a better way to encourage mods to be made for this game. Zenvaro made an effort to improve the game and he was punished.

lodilefty

Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:55 pm

Hero989 wrote:There has to be a better way to encourage mods to be made for this game. Zenvaro made an effort to improve the game and he was punished.

I fail to see that removing a fully licenced copy of the game for free download [with the Serial #] is punishment.

All he as to do is upload the files he changed...... like every other mod in this and every other game at AGEOD....

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:22 pm

I tried to select the files I modified from all the others. But I don’t remember exactly which files I modified, so there may be some errors (especially for pictures). If you see something illogical or real mistakes, please write.

Before unzipping the mod, you have to delete .cached files in RUS\GameData\Models and RUS\GameData\Units on your computer.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Baj4wt ... sp=sharing

lodilefty

Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:12 pm

Zenvaro wrote:I tried to select the files I modified from all the others. But I don’t remember exactly which files I modified, so there may be some errors (especially for pictures). If you see something illogical or real mistakes, please write.

Before unzipping the mod, you have to delete .cached files in RUS\GameData\Models and RUS\GameData\Units on your computer.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Baj4wt ... sp=sharing

Look at the date/time stamp of the files. Should help see what's newer.... :sherlock:

...I've had to do this many times when I forget to make a list! :siffle: :bonk:

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:18 am

lodilefty wrote:Look at the date/time stamp of the files. Should help see what's newer.... :sherlock:

...I've had to do this many times when I forget to make a list! :siffle: :bonk:

I did that. But I added some files changed and created not even this year, so confusion could have happened.

Francescopgg
Corporal

Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:25 am

I have downloaded and "installed" the patch (and i deleted the models and units cache before) but now I can't play the game, because every time I run it, when it loading, it give me an error:

TListModel.GetData containe for models definitions has some discrepancies, for UID 0

There's something I can do?

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:37 am

Zenvaro, maybe do the reverse: Remove from your original DL just what your are sure you didn't mod, and what is about your very own computer settings, instead of keeping only what you think you modded. It should suffice to make it agreed here.
So remove all dll, exe, etc, all that is not in RUS folder, and too remove the config files of your system in Settings folder.
It will even please us more as you'll no longer transform our game in russian with bad screen resolution and bad fonts, and the DL will be lighter.
Maybe first time send your file to moderator so he's okay with this even you share many files that you didn't mod.

The Lev
Sergeant

Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:44 am

So what's the word on this mod? I've checked the download which is currently attached (363mb) and it doesn't look like there are any exe files or game codes-yet I may be mistaken due to inexperience in this matter

Q1: Is the download present at time of posting useable/not infringing on copy-writes etc?
Q2: Is this still in active development?
Q3: Can I play this mod if it is useable/not infringing on copywrite/serial number submission?

I am well aware of my infrequent posting, often leaving a year or two between bursts of the game-yet it's one which I keep coming back to even in its' unmodded version and I heartily look forward to any new experiences one can have with RCW as with this many factions, outcomes and possibilities for chaos, I can count only two games that come even close to its' potential.

Best regards, all
And my humble thanks for creating an excellent experience

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:20 am

The Lev wrote:the download which is currently attached (363mb) and it doesn't look like there are any exe files or game codes

This is the cleaned version by the modder, but he may have too much cleaned it (and now it may no longer work well).
For me (I guess for moddo too) it's acceptable now, you can DL and test (before, copy an other version of your game, for this mod, so you sure do not destroy the good vanilia one).

The Lev
Sergeant

Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:16 pm

Cheers for the prompt reply ERISS, its' much appreciated

I've tried to launch the clean version of this, but it seems some changes should be made to render it workable

I'll see what I can do, but it might require someone with modding experience to salvage the work done-no telling how many bugs there are

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:05 pm

I would zip the version I had cleaned and put it on my cloud, but I can't zip it back
for it countains cyrilic file names (and it's still 2.5Go unziped heavy, even it's 'only' the whole RUS folder).
I guess those names are not important and we can change them for anything in latin fonts?

The Lev
Sergeant

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:36 pm

Indeed, with the Cyrillic its' of little concern if it stays in or not-would you reckon your cleaned version would be workable if this Cyrillic issue is bypassed?

(I can easily translate any larger/more significant segments in Cyrillic, yet its' importance is secondary to getting a working version of this)

Best Regards,
Lev

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:49 pm

The Lev wrote:would you reckon your cleaned version would be workable if this Cyrillic issue is bypassed?

I think so, but I had removed the original zip DL, keeping the heavy unziped folder, that I started to clean, on my big data hard-drive. I don't know when I'll replace the cyrilic (with bland text..).

The Lev
Sergeant

Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:22 am

Excellent, if there's any Cyrillic that needs translating-send it my way and i'll make short work of it

Here's hoping we'll be raising a toast to a new mod in the RUS story one day, that chap's work may not be for naught after all

Return to “RUS Mods”