Owl
Major

FY Gold AI

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:02 pm

I'm currently in the process of porting over the AI aspect of the Fatal Years mod originally by Athens and then expanded upon by anjou. The scenarios and statistics of units themselves have changed too much to impose the features of Fatal Year upon the Gold version without some serious effort I think, which is why I've exclusively taken a look at the AI side of things and attempted to make it work with Gold. So basically what I am doing is just porting the operative AI part, where units should be moving and so on, while not touching unit production, RGDs and other such things at all. This should also maximize compatibility with future patches and minimize any adjustments that might have to be done.

Basically, the AI scripts in Fatal Years randomize the AI strategy to a certain degree and give it some help in finding proper targets, hopefully giving it some more staying power in the face of a human enemy. A fix I've created for anjou last year that fixes an error that could lead to some crashing in February (?) 1919 is also included and I've run a very quick test and the mod doesn't seem to crash things, at least in the beginning. Still, I don't want to throw something out there that might be crashing or providing an unpleasant experience after all, so if anybody is willing to go through a campaign and tell me how things go, I'll gladly give them the files.

Should it be more or less stable, I'll release it for public consumption, if not, I'll see if I can fix the issues that will arise!

andatiep

Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:42 pm

I just wonder why you didn't proposed AI improvements while we were building together the Gold version :confused: Now it could only be MODs or late patches.

For MODing, you will need the last DataBase files (Gold version). PM PhilThib so that he'll post it in this proper thread when he finished to update it : http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?5358-Official-Files-for-modding
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Owl
Major

Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:53 pm

andatiep wrote:I just wonder why you didn't proposed AI improvements while we were building together the Gold version :confused: Now it could only be MODs or late patches.

For MODing, you will need the last DataBase files (Gold version). PM PhilThib so that he'll post it in this proper thread when he finished to update it : http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?5358-Official-Files-for-modding

Well, because this is not all my own work right now - it would feel wrong to pass it off as that and offer it for inclusion into the official product without knowledge/consent of other people who worked on it. Though once I replace content created by third parties, I would of course not be against including it into a patch later on.

Besides, I think I remember you saying that AI things might be better done after finishing Gold first (correct me if I remember incorrectly, please) - because it will take time and effort and it would be unfair to keep those waiting who primarily play PBEM. Do you have any AI plans for later by the way? Even the AI files I've converted for example have no specific AI for Drang nach Osten yet, so if we wanted to work on AI, writing basic DnO events might be a first step to take. Should I perhaps open a discussion in the dev forum on AI improvement questions?

I will PM PhilTib!

andatiep

Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:51 pm

Owl wrote:Besides, I think I remember you saying that AI things might be better done after finishing Gold first

Yes, you're right. I forgot to tell you when the last AI improvements of the Gold version were finished months ago. I could have give you a green light to work on the AI files we were not using any more :( .

Owl wrote: Do you have any AI plans for later by the way?

No plans !!! Freeedom ! Now i want only to play and i stop development :happyrun :( i'll only help the support and bug fixes if needed). So it's up to new volunteers to work ;) , so yes open new thread in the betas forum and work on like you want.

When the database will be available, you will see there is special file only for AI, but there is also AI events/codes in other files. Ask on your new thread i will show you if needed.
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Carnium

Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:53 pm

andatiep wrote: i stop development :happyrun :( i'll only help the support and bug fixes if needed). So it's up to new volunteers to work ;)

Bah :bonk:
Well enjoy it then :thumbsup:

Return to “RUS Mods”